💬Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 19.10.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. Please refrain from opening discussions here, any posts without questions may be removed.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 35
See Most Recent
34 REPLIES 34

Hi,

I want to ask why is it taking so long for Ebay to fix their broken payment system and why does your company not see it fit to send a notification to all affected members, who cannot withdraw their money, some of who have had this issue since at least April?

How do I track the current state of the escalation?  Would the responsible thing to do keep a place with latest updates, a thread or just have a member actively engaging with the community who have this issue? Who is currently responsible for fixing this and can you help me arrange a Zoom call with the individual?

Thank you

Message 2 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi there i recently placed an order in September and it was dispatched on 13th September, the description said "delivery - vaires" and also further down stated "please allow up to 30 days for delivery" it has now been 36 days and the tracking information hasn't changed its still on "in transit" also when i go to item description like past orders there is an eastimated delivery date of between XX and XX but for this item there is simply "tracking number: with the number" there is no estimated delivery date, i have contacted the seller and they are looking into it. Should i be worried at this point with lack of delivery date and tracking info being the same since 13th September? Any advice/help appreciated.

Message 3 of 35
See Most Recent

Item location automatically changing for Worldwide instead of default.

Message 4 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi @alyood10 ,

This type of request is not possible. The issue is with the relevant team who are looking into it. I understand the need to get this sorted and we are pushing from our side for it to be followed up.

Once I have more information on it I will be updating the current thread on the community.

Thank you,

Katie

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 5 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi. Can you clarify the rule on opening a second case after the first one has been closed, please? Yesterday, a member was given this advice: 'You can open an 'Item Not As Described' case after closing a 'change of mind' return case.' Is that right? Could a buyer open a simple return, decide to keep the item and close the case and then find a fault and open another case with a different reason?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 6 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi
My husband cannot login to his ebay account for a while now. The first time the system asked for confirmation of the security code sent to the mail, and he did it. The system then asked him to change his password, which he did. But then the system asks to enter the code sent to the phone number. But the problem is that this is his old phone number, which he hasn't used for several years, so he can't get the security code. The automatic assistant advises to log in using social networks, but this does not work for him either. Why doesn't the system give him the opportunity to confirm the security question/answer he chose during registration? Can he verify his identity in another way and regain access to his account? He has been on ebay for many years as a buyer and as a seller, it would be very sad to lose his rating by creating a new account.
Thanks

Message 7 of 35
See Most Recent

@mcdmc.da.rkxkscc wrote:

Hi there i recently placed an order in September and it was dispatched on 13th September, the description said "delivery - vaires" and also further down stated "please allow up to 30 days for delivery" it has now been 36 days and the tracking information hasn't changed its still on "in transit" also when i go to item description like past orders there is an eastimated delivery date of between XX and XX but for this item there is simply "tracking number: with the number" there is no estimated delivery date, i have contacted the seller and they are looking into it. Should i be worried at this point with lack of delivery date and tracking info being the same since 13th September? Any advice/help appreciated.

Hi there,

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear this order has not gone as smooth as we would like.

As you have been waiting some time for the item now I recommend opening an item not received case. You are covered by eBay protection 30 days after the estimated delivery. I'm concerned this may be outside the timeframe judging by the orders there. 

If this is the case it is outside the 30 days we would recommend opening a case with your payment provider.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 35
See Most Recent

...and further to the above message, how about simply contacting users who have reported this issue and where eBay is holding funds to which eBay has no claim and arranging to pay the users their money outside of the "managed payments" environment?  Those of us affected have tendered correct bank details and complied with eBay's contractual terms for use of the payment system - there is simplu no legal basis for eBay to be refusing to pay over our money.  

Message 9 of 35
See Most Recent

@eshopforce01 wrote:

Item location automatically changing for Worldwide instead of default.

Hi @eshopforce01 ,

Can you provide a screen shot of the search or the details of the search you are doing?

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 10 of 35
See Most Recent

@jckl1957 wrote:

Hi. Can you clarify the rule on opening a second case after the first one has been closed, please? Yesterday, a member was given this advice: 'You can open an 'Item Not As Described' case after closing a 'change of mind' return case.' Is that right? Could a buyer open a simple return, decide to keep the item and close the case and then find a fault and open another case with a different reason?

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

You are unable to close one return case and open another. Regardless of the reason first selected. If it is a case that a buyer wrongfully opens a remorse return when it should be not as described they may be able to reach out to our customer support team (via the help pages) and they may be able to review the case.

Many thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 11 of 35
See Most Recent

Well the part that makes it confusing is in the tracking number wen i go into it there is information from before i placed the order i can show below:

24 May 2022

6:09am
Due to be delivered today

13 Sep 2022
4:36pm
Tracking number provided

Why is there tracking information from May when i ordered the item in September? And also no change/update since the dispatch? The box where estimated delivery is has simply the tracking number no date/s for estimated delivery - for example all my other purchased there is an estimated delivery date, this one has none still.
Message 12 of 35
See Most Recent

Little confused by the estimated delivery times buyers are being shown on orders? 

Buyer purchases item on Friday 14th and given est delivery 19 - 20th which is correct as business policy is 2 day dispatch and 2 day delivery. 

Yet a sold item on Saturday 15th buyer is given est delivery of 18th - 19th

And sold item on Sunday 16th buyer is given est delivery of 19th - 19th

All orders are on the same buisiness policy of 2 day dispatch 2 day delivery

Message 13 of 35
See Most Recent

@lesnaja wrote:

Hi
My husband cannot login to his ebay account for a while now. The first time the system asked for confirmation of the security code sent to the mail, and he did it. The system then asked him to change his password, which he did. But then the system asks to enter the code sent to the phone number. But the problem is that this is his old phone number, which he hasn't used for several years, so he can't get the security code. The automatic assistant advises to log in using social networks, but this does not work for him either. Why doesn't the system give him the opportunity to confirm the security question/answer he chose during registration? Can he verify his identity in another way and regain access to his account? He has been on ebay for many years as a buyer and as a seller, it would be very sad to lose his rating by creating a new account.
Thanks

Hi @lesnaja ,

If he is being given the option to verify by way of code to the phone then he will need to change the phone number. He would need to contact customer support to have his phone number updated to his new one. They can do this on the eBay side. Please see the callback or chat option at the end of the page here.

Thank,

Kat

eBay
Message 14 of 35
See Most Recent

@mcdmc.da.rkxkscc wrote:

Well the part that makes it confusing is in the tracking number wen i go into it there is information from before i placed the order i can show below:

24 May 2022

6:09am
Due to be delivered today

13 Sep 2022
4:36pm
Tracking number provided

Why is there tracking information from May when i ordered the item in September? And also no change/update since the dispatch? The box where estimated delivery is has simply the tracking number no date/s for estimated delivery - for example all my other purchased there is an estimated delivery date, this one has none still.

Thank you for the further information, I was looking at another item. This doesn't look right for sure.

Could you please open an item not received case by selecting More Action > I didn't receive it cia your purchase history?

I'll review it from there.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 15 of 35
See Most Recent

For years we have been told the importans of EAN numbers yet on the new listings it is hidden at the very bottom of the item specifics. Then when EAN nubmber has been added comes back with no item found. Can the EAN number box be moved to a more suitable/easier location as fed up of clicking in and out of boxes to keep adding info. 

Message 16 of 35
See Most Recent

Thanks Katie.  Would it be ok for me to copy and paste your response into the relevant thread to clarify the situation for the OP and to offer the suggestion that they reach out to the customer support team?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 17 of 35
See Most Recent

@jckl1957 wrote:

Thanks Katie.  Would it be ok for me to copy and paste your response into the relevant thread to clarify the situation for the OP and to offer the suggestion that they reach out to the customer support team?

Absolutely. Please don't hesitate to tag me there if you need me to support.

Many thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 18 of 35
See Most Recent

@norihaga wrote:

...and further to the above message, how about simply contacting users who have reported this issue and where eBay is holding funds to which eBay has no claim and arranging to pay the users their money outside of the "managed payments" environment?  Those of us affected have tendered correct bank details and complied with eBay's contractual terms for use of the payment system - there is simplu no legal basis for eBay to be refusing to pay over our money.  

Hi @norihaga ,

We are currently following up with the payments team regarding this situation. We will make them aware of the pending funds on accounts. I cannot guarantee callbacks but I will make them aware and continue to push from our side.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 19 of 35
See Most Recent

Hi,

Is there anything in the pipeline to highlight orders who have purchased a postage upgrade from our standard postage?

We use Royal Mail for our lables and integrate this into eBay, however the postage is not automatically selected on Royal mail so we have to select it manually. When doing this it is so easy to miss an order who has paid extra for delivery as it is not highlighted. The way to see without clicking on each and every order is to look at the price of the item and the price paid as this is higher if they had upgraded the postage.

It would be nice to highlight the order or have a postage colunm showing the postage selected will make it much easer to manage.

Message 20 of 35
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.