Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 17.04.24 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of dave@ebay and marco@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 17.04.24 @2pm

Good afternoon team,

The Legislation was changed a few years ago to stop acid being sold for motorcycle batteries, due to it being used in attacks on people.

I agreed with that at the time, even though it proved prohibitive to us as a business selling motorcycle batteries that need to be filled with sulphuric acid.

This was covered under the EPP Licence restrictions.

We have been selling a motorcycle battery on our other account that does not include acid, then the buyer need to take it a local bike shop to have it filled before use.

This has caused a lot of problems, with bad feedback and a lot of returns.

The law was actually changed back a while ago and it is now allowed to sell motorcycle batteries with a separate acid pack for filling them.

Again, this can be seen in the EPP restrictions. Think that is the correct licence restrictions anyway, haven't time to look it up before the chat closes at 3pm though.

We did try to list a battery on eBay today that includes the pack, as the legislation allows. eBay then blocked us listing it saying that the item was not allowed as is a restricted item.

So what gives?

Can't sell them without the acid pack without tons of hassle, returns and negative feedback.

So we then try and this them with, as the law allows and eBay don't let you?

What is the craic then, as I am sick of being damned if I do and damned if a I don't.

Cheers

Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 41 of 46
See Most Recent

@thegoodgoods95 wrote:

Hello,

Could you please have a look at this thread?

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/New-bugs-editing-description-Copy-and-paste-am...

Thank you

Hi @thegoodgoods95 

I had a quick read through thread and there's no open tech issues for this. Ill escalate it to be reviewed and reply on the thread.

Thanks,

Dave 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 42 of 46
See Most Recent

@humbercraft wrote:

No resolution was provided to me at all. just an email to say my account was suspended. 

Over the phone they asked for me details about my business and was then told i was permanetly banned.

So i want to appeal it fully to the highest level. 

I sent and email from the automated chat option and within seconds got one back stating if we'd made a mistake i could appeal....theres no "straight to the point" option for doing this.

Thanks for your reply, humbercraft

If you were in touch already, and you've been told that the account will remain suspended, that would be the resolution I am afraid, and at that stage no further actions can be taken.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 43 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi ducatimondo, thanks for your post. 

Since the item was not listed from this account, I wouldn't be able to look into this. Please note that we also have our own policies for restricted items, so the fact that the EPP has been updated doesn't necessarily mean that the item can now be sold on eBay. 

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 44 of 46
See Most Recent

@ducatimondo wrote:

Good afternoon team,

The search doesn't work properly on active listings.
If we are trying to put stuff back in stock, we do that by SKU.

It used to work, so you could search your active listings by the SKU in the seller hub and it would be super easy to put them back up again when we get new stock arriving.

It has not worked for quite some time, maybe 6 months - 1 year.

This is selling 101, you can't sell what is not for sale.

It takes a lot longer to do, when we could be busy doing other things like making new listings or answering the questions from buyers that ask why the item didn't arrive with economy delivery in 1 working day, as we "told them" it would, etc!!

Please get someone to fix the search on active listings in the seller hub though, that takes 10 times longer to do than it used to.

Thanks

Russ

Hi @ducatimondo 

There is an open tech ticket for items not being found in seller hub when searching by item number so I'm guessing this might be related. 

Ive added your account to the ticked and put the ask in to see if its also affecting SKUs.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 45 of 46
See Most Recent

@jamjartoys wrote:

Thanks for the reply Dave - I suspected that it might be automated. The system clearly needs tweaking as it is rejecting claims that are obviously valid and any Human with an ounce of sense would remove the defect/feedback. It has got to the stage where I have no faith in the system so naturally gravitate to calling an advisor. This isn't cost effective from ebays point of view and I am certain I won't be alone in doing this. Interestingly there is another example in message 22 in this chat from someone with the same experience. As sellers we should be able to rely on ebays processes coming to the correct decisions. Can you pass it up the line? Thanks

Hi @jamjartoys 

I totally get that. As Im sure you know we use automation because we have so much volume but, these things are never as good a human eye. 

I will of course pass your feedback on to the site team.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 46 of 46
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.