💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 10.05.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

I frequently make part refunds for overpaid postage. Even though I have 'flat postage rules' set up, it's not an exact science and the buyer sometimes overpays - and of course, sometimes they pay separately for each item, so end up paying far more than postage actually costs.

I go through the Refund > Postage Discount every time, but I have noticed over the last week or so on my other ID that sometimes I get my proportional fees back on the refunded amount, but sometimes I don't.

Why is this please, and how can I make sure that I do get fees back each time?

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

I frequently make part refunds for overpaid postage. Even though I have 'flat postage rules' set up, it's not an exact science and the buyer sometimes overpays - and of course, sometimes they pay separately for each item, so end up paying far more than postage actually costs.

I go through the Refund > Postage Discount every time, but I have noticed over the last week or so on my other ID that sometimes I get my proportional fees back on the refunded amount, but sometimes I don't.

Why is this please, and how can I make sure that I do get fees back each time?

Hi @kempseykate ,

Can you provide an example of a transaction where it has been refunded correctly and once where it has not been. If you can give the item numbers for both situations and I can follow this up.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Is anyone else experiencing delivery issues with Royal Mail? I did a batch of orders on and around April 27th that have not yet been delivered (1 or 2 have), I now have 8 and rising cases of non-delivery. I am assuming it is because of Bank Holiday 1 followed closely by the Coronation weekend, but this makes me look like a crook when i have posted everything. Is anyone else seeing the same pattern with second class post? Could eBay look into it and protect sellers if there is an unknown issue?

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Few nice little update.

The description is an important part of a listing. On the mobile app you need to click "see full description" to see it.  It can be a bit tricky/confusing to find for new user

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Can I also add it would be useful if ebay did not allow cases to be raised for domestic postage loss until 10 working days from at least the order date as we can not claim until 10 full days of post has elapsed and similarly international is 28 days, I am seeing lots of claims after 3 or 4 days which is ridiculous, could ebay look at this?

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

@k1tlands17 wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing delivery issues with Royal Mail? I did a batch of orders on and around April 27th that have not yet been delivered (1 or 2 have), I now have 8 and rising cases of non-delivery. I am assuming it is because of Bank Holiday 1 followed closely by the Coronation weekend, but this makes me look like a crook when i have posted everything. Is anyone else seeing the same pattern with second class post? Could eBay look into it and protect sellers if there is an unknown issue?

Hi @k1tlands17 

There can sometimes be a backlog with bank holidays that roll into the following days. To help with this we didn't include the bank holiday in the  EDDs. 

You can find out more about how you can protect yourself for the upcoming bank holidays here

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Thank you, is ebay able to directly check of issues with RM and perhaps post accordingly?  It does not look great with all of these requests.

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

@k1tlands17 wrote:

Can I also add it would be useful if ebay did not allow cases to be raised for domestic postage loss until 10 working days from at least the order date as we can not claim until 10 full days of post has elapsed and similarly international is 28 days, I am seeing lots of claims after 3 or 4 days which is ridiculous, could ebay look at this?

Hi @k1tlands17 ,

I understand there are situations where items are taking longer to be delivered. Right now eBay won't be extending the timeframe for opening cases but I will share this suggestion with our shipping team for future changes.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

kat@ebay 

Thanks, Kat. I have PMed you.

Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

kat@ebay 

Thanks, Kat. I have PMed you.

Thank you @kempseykate . I will follow up offline

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

@k1tlands17 wrote:

Thank you, is ebay able to directly check of issues with RM and perhaps post accordingly?  It does not look great with all of these requests.

Hi @k1tlands17 

In cases where Royal Mail announce they have issues with deliveries the shipping team can sometimes work in extra protection. However, this is usually done at a higher level and wouldn't cover day to day operational delays. 

The shipping team continually monitor delays and if they notice a major disruption they will act accordingly.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

I can't add tracking to ebay cases. When I click on 'Yes, I will provide tracking number' nothing happens. Is there another way to add tracking details to a case?

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Yes I understand and this may be localised, just not a nice position to be in when I pride myself on doing right by customers. Will have to ride it out.

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>

Many Thanks

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Will ebay consider allowing us to opt in and out of this dynamic estimated delivery dates thing like amazon do?

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

@petstation1989 wrote:

I can't add tracking to ebay cases. When I click on 'Yes, I will provide tracking number' nothing happens. Is there another way to add tracking details to a case?

Hi @petstation1989 

We have received a number of reports for this issue and its a tech issue on our side. Our Tech Team are currently looking into it. Can I ask you to PM me the following information and Ill add you to the bug ticket:

Item number:
Order number:
Case number:

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

@petstation1989 wrote:

Will ebay consider allowing us to opt in and out of this dynamic estimated delivery dates thing like amazon do?

Hi @petstation1989 ,

There is no option to opt out of the dynamic estimated delivery dates and currently there is no plans for this to change.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Please can I ask Kat....Why not?

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

@petstation1989 wrote:

Please can I ask Kat....Why not?

Hi @petstation1989 ,

The process is embedded in the site and it cannot be turned on or off by individual request. Its not something that can be done at an account level.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Several questions in one - same theme though.

Feedback is being changed to allow a photo to be added.

When will this begin, please?

What is the thinking behind this innovation?

Will sellers be able to add a picture when they leave feedback for buyers?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.