💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 08.06.22 @2pm

Hi everybody!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team 😀

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Hi Everyone! 

Welcome to today's chat. It's just me here today so bare with me and I'll get back to everyone.

Might be slightly after the hour but I promise I'll be going as quick as I can.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

What other options is eBay going to provide for multi factor authentication? Eh WhatsApp, email, web/app? Using SMS is outdated and doesn't consider those in no or low signal areas, or anyone without a mobile phone. Thanks!

Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

Why can't sellers - especially of antique/vintage/non generic items -  have a basic listing template to bypass the ridiculous, endless and inappropriate 'item specifics' forced on us?

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

@nicounderground wrote:

What other options is eBay going to provide for multi factor authentication? Eh WhatsApp, email, web/app? Using SMS is outdated and doesn't consider those in no or low signal areas, or anyone without a mobile phone. Thanks!

Hi @nicounderground,

At the moment, the option for multifactor authentication is any phone number that can receive a text. Some landlines offer this ability too.

Emails carry a security risk and can be more easily compromised, so this option will not be available.

eBay are looking into other options that may be added down the lines but we do not have any guarantees on this.

Thanks,

Katie 

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

To add to that, there also needs to be the option to save more than one number and then select which number you want the code sent to each time you log in. This is because many sellers have more than one person working who may need access at physically different locations to where the registered mobile is.

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

As you might have spotted some of us with Direct Seller ebay for charity accounts are suddenly being charged 36p for BIN listings and 17p for auctions. I have over 700 items listed and ebay has decided to gradually relist them all at 36p a time.  This started over the bank holiday weekend.

I have spoken to the call centre team twice and it is apparent that they know nothing about ebay for charity and assume it's just a normal business account.  Twice I have been told I will get a call back but they never do. 

Meanwhile it's like watching money going down the drain and I can't turn off the tap.  Every 36p is a meal provided to a child by our charity and we simply cant afford 700 x 36p

What can I do?

Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

Thanks. This is going to have a severely negative impact on eBay usage and needs to be addressed urgently.

Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

@nikki77770_0 wrote:

Why can't sellers - especially of antique/vintage/non generic items -  have a basic listing template to bypass the ridiculous, endless and inappropriate 'item specifics' forced on us?

Hi @nikki77770_0 ,

Having a more unique item can be challenging with the item specifics. We appreciate that they may not all be relevant for you, but item specifics help your items show in eBay search results and in Google Shopping pages. It gets more eyes on your items and although longer, it can be beneficial.

You do not need to fill in all the item specifics but depending on the category, some will be mandatory.

Thanks,

Katie

eBay
Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

To add to that, there also needs to be the option to save more than one number and then select which number you want the code sent to each time you log in. This is because many sellers have more than one person working who may need access at physically different locations to where the registered mobile is.

Thank you @rainbowtrax.

This is a great insight and we have seen this feedback on other parts of the community. I know we have passed this feedback on to the team but I will re-iterate that it has been shared again.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

Hello

You may have been asked this already!  Why are we suddenly being charged listing fee's now?  We are being charge 18p for some area's and 60p for a buy it now.

Can you help please?

I noticed other charities are having the same issue

Thanks

Julie-Ann

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

So just do away with 'item specifics' for certain categories..?

I've never in 20 years found it 'challenging' to describe and list my items. 😑

Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

This is so out-of-date and also highly insecure for users. Ebay is providing mobile phone details to sellers, and then there comes spam calls from all around the world. Any concern of ebay? I doubt. I changed number becauseafter adding it to ebay account, phone was ringing nonstop. Emails are working for anyone but ebay. Really what to do with accounts that because of this nonsense are blocked, with sold and bought stuff, biddings etc. Any reasonable suggestions how to log in apart of cave age sms?? 

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

@chaffinchsales wrote:

As you might have spotted some of us with Direct Seller ebay for charity accounts are suddenly being charged 36p for BIN listings and 17p for auctions. I have over 700 items listed and ebay has decided to gradually relist them all at 36p a time.  This started over the bank holiday weekend.

I have spoken to the call centre team twice and it is apparent that they know nothing about ebay for charity and assume it's just a normal business account.  Twice I have been told I will get a call back but they never do. 

Meanwhile it's like watching money going down the drain and I can't turn off the tap.  Every 36p is a meal provided to a child by our charity and we simply cant afford 700 x 36p

What can I do?

Hi @chaffinchsales ,

I'm taking a closer look into this for you.

I've reached out to check if this is working as expecting or if there is a technical issue at play here.

I will keep in touch with you on this. I know there was a thread on the community so if I will keep in touch both here and there depending on when I hear back. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

@thccharity2010 wrote:

Hello

You may have been asked this already!  Why are we suddenly being charged listing fee's now?  We are being charge 18p for some area's and 60p for a buy it now.

Can you help please?

I noticed other charities are having the same issue

Thanks

Julie-Ann

Hi @thccharity2010,

This looks to be similar to @chaffinchsales issue.

I'll keep you in the loop and will get back to you both on this either here or on the other community thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

@love_cosplay wrote:

This is so out-of-date and also highly insecure for users. Ebay is providing mobile phone details to sellers, and then there comes spam calls from all around the world. Any concern of ebay? I doubt. I changed number becauseafter adding it to ebay account, phone was ringing nonstop. Emails are working for anyone but ebay. Really what to do with accounts that because of this nonsense are blocked, with sold and bought stuff, biddings etc. Any reasonable suggestions how to log in apart of cave age sms?? 

Hi @love_cosplay ,

At the moment, SMS is the option at hand. eBay is looking into if other options may be available in the future.

I appreciate your feedback and will ensure it is noted.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

Not so much a question but more of a suggestion. A few months ago, the Item Specifics were updated in the Music categories of Records, CDs etc. The positive aspects of this were the ability to enter more than one Artist, more than one Genre and more than one Style. This is useful because there are a lot of Various Artists releases and many artists span more than one style and genre.

However, the Music Memorabilia category was left out of this update, leaving it with fewer options, only one Artist selection, a very out-dated Genre list which is a dropdown rather than a tick box so again allowing only one selection, and no Style specific at all. In this category, it would be really useful for it to be brought into line with the rest of the Music categories as it encompasses items such as posters and gig adverts which often have multiple artists and genres relevant for one listing.

Is there any chance this could be looked at for an update in the near future?

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

Not so much a question but more of a suggestion. A few months ago, the Item Specifics were updated in the Music categories of Records, CDs etc. The positive aspects of this were the ability to enter more than one Artist, more than one Genre and more than one Style. This is useful because there are a lot of Various Artists releases and many artists span more than one style and genre.

However, the Music Memorabilia category was left out of this update, leaving it with fewer options, only one Artist selection, a very out-dated Genre list which is a dropdown rather than a tick box so again allowing only one selection, and no Style specific at all. In this category, it would be really useful for it to be brought into line with the rest of the Music categories as it encompasses items such as posters and gig adverts which often have multiple artists and genres relevant for one listing.

Is there any chance this could be looked at for an update in the near future?

Hi @rainbowtrax,

I completely see where you are coming from. It's great you are seeing the benefit in the categories where this change was made.

We touch base with the category team so I'll make sure to let them know that this benefit could also be felt in the Music Memorabilia category.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

Thankyou katie@ebay 

Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

What is going on with expected delivery dates?  I pack on a Monday, send stamped large letters on Monday, everything else Tuesday, On Monday, as I packed items to send, I had one buyer who paid 4th June given an estimated delivery date Thursday 9th and then one who paid 5th June given an estimated date of Wednesday 8th June. So, pay later, expect it to be delivered earlier? Both items are large letters being posted Second Class Signed For.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.