Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 03.01.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, katie@ebay and anita@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

As a business seller, is there any plans for eBay to allow us to have a way of saving the seasonal items that we can relist next year? For example, this is my 2nd Halloween and I have unlisted and stowed away all my Halloween merchandise until August. I will then have to redo the whole listing all over again as it only saves for 90 days. I am sure many of us business sellers would pay for this kind of service and maybe could be a business seller only service to give us an advantage over private sellers.

Message 2 of 46
See Most Recent

@chefus36 wrote:

As a business seller, is there any plans for eBay to allow us to have a way of saving the seasonal items that we can relist next year? For example, this is my 2nd Halloween and I have unlisted and stowed away all my Halloween merchandise until August. I will then have to redo the whole listing all over again as it only saves for 90 days. I am sure many of us business sellers would pay for this kind of service and maybe could be a business seller only service to give us an advantage over private sellers.

Hi chefus36, thanks for your post.

At the moment, I would say no, as that is the way the site has worked for a while now. However, that is a good idea, so I will pass this on as feedback, so it can be taken into consideration as potential future update.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 46
See Most Recent

Can I have visitors to my website directed to my ebay shop, live listings and show my feedback?

I would like if possible to drive visitors from my website to my eBay shop as I only use one e-commerce platform, eBay.

Message 4 of 46
See Most Recent

I've got a potential buyer in Canada but can't change delivery options to allow him to bid 

Message 5 of 46
See Most Recent

@j-4-jewellery wrote:

Can I have visitors to my website directed to my ebay shop, live listings and show my feedback?

I would like if possible to drive visitors from my website to my eBay shop as I only use one e-commerce platform, eBay.

Hi @j-4-jewellery, thanks for your post.

Absolutely, you can advertise your eBay store on your website as well as social media! Here is the direct link  that you can add to your website to direct them to your store.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 6 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi again bluespar,  I have just answered your other question on this, but in case you missed it,  you cannot invite international bidders now if you have not previously set your preferences for this,  as you have a bid.

With bids, you cannot add or chnage any detail now.

Message 7 of 46
See Most Recent

Afternoon,

Can you advise if an option for buyers to download/print their own receipt/invoice for a purchase is in the pipeline? As this would save sellers having to forward them onto cutomers.

Message 8 of 46
See Most Recent

@bluespar wrote:

I've got a potential buyer in Canada but can't change delivery options to allow him to bid 

Hi bluespar, thanks for your post.

If there are bids in your auction or certain time has passed, I'm afraid you will not be able to change/revise the listing in question. For more information on this, you can click here. There you will be able to see when you can change and you cannot change/revise your auction.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 9 of 46
See Most Recent

Evri's postcodes for remote areas include AB35-AB38, AB53-AB56.
https://www.evri.com/location-charge-postcodes

I have a rate table that includes an extra charge for ALL areas that are options on ebay.

Recently I had a sale to an AB54 postcode - so there is a remote charge of 2.75 for this postcode by Evri.
Unfortunately ebay just charged buyer the regular postage, without the extra that I had set up for remote areas. I checked the listing to make sure I had set it up correctly - I had.

I contacted livechat and eventually had a response (in the usual gobbledegook) which suggests that ebay only add in postcodes in the Highlands and Islands region and AB54 is not in the Highlands.

If you look at the Evri link, the remote charge applies to areas in Scotland other than Highlands and Islands (in fact, they don't use that term for any of the remote regions). I would have been buying the Evri label via ebay/Packlink, so surely the ebay list should include ALL the areas that Evri have a remote charge for?

I do not need this specific case to be be forwarded to 'the team' as I have already had the usual 'everything is working as it should be, there is no glitch' response. What I would like to know is are there any plans to make the ebay list compatible with the Evri (and other couriers) list?

Message 10 of 46
See Most Recent

Sorry to bring this up again, but is there any progress within eBay on fixing the strange issue where US sellers of items in several categories (including all their sub-categories) have no way of including the UK as a shipping destination if they are enrolled in eBay International Shipping (EIS being the new version of the Global Shipping Program in the US?). My collecting interest is in one of the affected categories (Dolls & Bears) and it's proving a frustrating problem, both for US sellers and UK-based buyers like me. There are plenty of reports of it in a long thread on eBay.com's discussion forums from US sellers. Responses from eBay support agents vary, from saying they're unaware of the problem, or that they're aware and trying to fix it, and even that it's an intentional block, though the reasons given for that one don't make much sense. It still looks like a bug to me, as the United Kingdom just doesn't appear in the country lists at all in listings in affected categories - it can't be selected by the sellers for ships to, but neither can it be picked to exclude it from shipping either - it's as if we don't exist on the planet any more. Generally, they hadn't changed any of their listings procedures from when they DID work with EIS, and working listings that auto-renew when unsold suddenly get affected too. There's no sign of an alternative name for the UK being offered instead, either, so that's not the cause. I'm told by US sellers that the UK is a surprisingly enthusiastic source of buyers (given the size of the country) so people are missing out on both sides of the equation due to this problem.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 46
See Most Recent

Many thanks!

Happy New year to all the team.

Message 12 of 46
See Most Recent

@kempseykate wrote:

Evri's postcodes for remote areas include AB35-AB38, AB53-AB56.
https://www.evri.com/location-charge-postcodes

I have a rate table that includes an extra charge for ALL areas that are options on ebay.

Recently I had a sale to an AB54 postcode - so there is a remote charge of 2.75 for this postcode by Evri.
Unfortunately ebay just charged buyer the regular postage, without the extra that I had set up for remote areas. I checked the listing to make sure I had set it up correctly - I had.

I contacted livechat and eventually had a response (in the usual gobbledegook) which suggests that ebay only add in postcodes in the Highlands and Islands region and AB54 is not in the Highlands.

If you look at the Evri link, the remote charge applies to areas in Scotland other than Highlands and Islands (in fact, they don't use that term for any of the remote regions). I would have been buying the Evri label via ebay/Packlink, so surely the ebay list should include ALL the areas that Evri have a remote charge for?

I do not need this specific case to be be forwarded to 'the team' as I have already had the usual 'everything is working as it should be, there is no glitch' response. What I would like to know is are there any plans to make the ebay list compatible with the Evri (and other couriers) list?

Hi kempseykate, thanks for your post.

Could you please confirm the item number, so I can review that for you?

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 13 of 46
See Most Recent

@coopers-direct wrote:

Afternoon,

Can you advise if an option for buyers to download/print their own receipt/invoice for a purchase is in the pipeline? As this would save sellers having to forward them onto cutomers.

Hi @coopers-direct, thanks for your post.

Once buyer makes the purchase, we send them an order email confirmation as well as they have their order details in their purchase history that includes all the purchase info, they can download it or print out.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 14 of 46
See Most Recent

To add to the above, the issue I describe sometimes (but not always) just flat-out blocks bidding, buying or offering by a UK buyer as soon as we try, though some listings allow it and the fun starts if we win, as then trying to get eBay International Shipping to work proves impossible. Some sellers just give up at that point, rather than exploring other methods of shipping, as they may understandably only wish to use EIS - as might the buyer, too.

Message 15 of 46
See Most Recent

My question is about forum "policing". Maybe this is something that's not supposed to be questioned on the general forum but this is the Wednesday chat. Where questions get answers.

Particularly What are real criteria for post removals?

eBay may say customers are entitled to their opinions, all are valid. But that seems to only apply to sellers feedback and not to feedback about eBay itself. Not on the UK forum.

Message 16 of 46
See Most Recent

@contessa35 wrote:

Sorry to bring this up again, but is there any progress within eBay on fixing the strange issue where US sellers of items in several categories (including all their sub-categories) have no way of including the UK as a shipping destination if they are enrolled in eBay International Shipping (EIS being the new version of the Global Shipping Program in the US?). My collecting interest is in one of the affected categories (Dolls & Bears) and it's proving a frustrating problem, both for US sellers and UK-based buyers like me. There are plenty of reports of it in a long thread on eBay.com's discussion forums from US sellers. Responses from eBay support agents vary, from saying they're unaware of the problem, or that they're aware and trying to fix it, and even that it's an intentional block, though the reasons given for that one don't make much sense. It still looks like a bug to me, as the United Kingdom just doesn't appear in the country lists at all in listings in affected categories - it can't be selected by the sellers for ships to, but neither can it be picked to exclude it from shipping either - it's as if we don't exist on the planet any more. Generally, they hadn't changed any of their listings procedures from when they DID work with EIS, and working listings that auto-renew when unsold suddenly get affected too. There's no sign of an alternative name for the UK being offered instead, either, so that's not the cause. I'm told by US sellers that the UK is a surprisingly enthusiastic source of buyers (given the size of the country) so people are missing out on both sides of the equation due to this problem.

Thanks!

Hi contessa35, thanks for your post.

We are still reviewing this, and I've been adding all the samples I get to see on our boards. Due to the nature of the items, some of the might be eligible while other might not be eligible. However, I will let you know once we have confirmation on this. Thanks for following this up with us.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 17 of 46
See Most Recent

Hello

Can I ask about the situation regarding ebay supplying more info to the tax man as off January 1st in the UK. Is the information given as of Jan 1st or backdated for a certain time or is tax year?

Message 18 of 46
See Most Recent

Thanks for the response perhaps I was not clear in my question, it is in relation to business buyers requesting a VAT receipt, as I cannot see any VAT information included on the purchase history emails or within the purchase itself.

Message 19 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi @bennotbill,

Discussing moderation actions is against our community guidelines.

If you would like to appeal a decision made by our teams, please private message me or email contactcommunity@ebay.com.

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 20 of 46
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.