suspicious bid activity

Hi there,

just here to ask about suspicious bidding activity, on an item im bidding on an account repreatedly outbid itself 4 times and it was a behaviour i found odd? so i was wondering if this user could be a bot? the blue ones are the potential bot while the red are other users.
thank you

ebay.PNG

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

suspicious bid activity

Nothing suspicious that I can see, just a newish buyer trying to be the highest bidder a bit at a time. It might not be how most seasoned buyers bid but nothing odd about it.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

suspicious bid activity

@hkay-7086 look at the dates and times of the bids though. The blue bidder wasn't repeatedly outbidding themself, they were placing bids to try and outbid the top red bidder who had bid days befoe them. Once they took the lead they stopped bidding.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

suspicious bid activity

Looks like he was bidding against the (private) bidder that's second from the top. They set that Max bid on the 22nd. Not done auctions but would it just erase all the other bids that peson did as they had made a max bid?

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

suspicious bid activity

As others have already said the blue one is just adding a bid each time he was outbid by the top red's automatic bid. At the top of the Bid History you need to click on Show Automatic Bids and that will show the automatic bids the blue one was trying to out bid.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

suspicious bid activity

hi , looks like I am having a similar issue 

counted at least 30 bids , contacted eBay and they said not suspicious 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

suspicious bid activity

When you bid on something it takes the next bid up each time, so if your maximum bid is £100 it will jump up in small bids somehow chosen by ebay, maybe £10 at a time but it is hard to understand what is going on at eBay.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: