just bought on eBay and I saw suddenly a “UK VAT added to price” for the first time is this correct

Hi,

I just bought an item on eBay and I saw added to the final price before payment a "UK VAT added to price" to a value of 20%. I have never seen that before in more than 18 years on eBay. The seller is in UK and I am also in UK. Is this correct and have I really to pay it?

thanks.

Lau

Message 1 of 231
See Most Recent
230 REPLIES 230

just bought on eBay and I saw suddenly a “UK VAT added to price” for the first time is this correct

Please read this post from the start, it explains everything !

Message 221 of 231
See Most Recent

Yes  items that we have already paid vat on - I don`t know if that is the government or eBay dipping their bread ! All I know is that people are no longer trusting eBay - Vote with your money, shop elsewhere !

Message 222 of 231
See Most Recent

Hi, I am not talking about business sellers but private buyers like myself - I just want to make that clear !

Cheers

Message 223 of 231
See Most Recent

Hi, I don`t have a problem with that - BUT I do have a problem being told "vat is included" then click "buy it now" and THEN being told vat is added to price ! Please see this subject from the start - which explains my problem in detail !

Message 224 of 231
See Most Recent

PLEASE see this subject from the begining of the post - In my case anyway !

Message 225 of 231
See Most Recent

OMG!

I've been following this post since Jan 2021 and Ebay have STILL done sod-all to rectify the way they display VAT! How hard can it be?

They are capable of adding 'improvements' (ultimately making the Ebay buying experience more annoying) so why can't they use the same people to fix the problems?

Words have failed me.

Message 226 of 231
See Most Recent

There is virtually nothing we can do in our lives that the government (I.e.
the globalist elite, who are in the shadows pulling the strings) doesn’t
want a part of.
Why don’t they tax us on how much oxygen we consume? Or maybe that is
coming next. They rely on our compliance.
Message 227 of 231
See Most Recent

They are it's called netflix zero👍
Message 228 of 231
See Most Recent

Wev'e surmised that our caring sharing government is to blame for all the VAT...

So the VERY LEAST that ebay could do is to make sure the VAT is notified and displayed properly.

Just about every other retailer on the planet processes the VAT and informs the customer prior to and at the point of sale but Ebay seem to have a big problem with this, even though the VAT information is available to them, and they seemingly have unlimited resources to work on 'site improvements'.

Message 229 of 231
See Most Recent

Absolutely agree - just another example of the ‘Deep State’ taking us for
every penny they can get out of us.
Message 230 of 231
See Most Recent

I have just bid on some second hand trainers and then received  notification that they are subject to VAT. I messaged the seller who was totally oblivious that this was happening. I thought that 2nd hand goods were tax exempt.I can't find anyway of contacting eBay to question the charge. 

Message 231 of 231
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: