What is the best return reason to select for a counterfeit Logitech mouse?

Hi all,

I ordered two Logitech Mice from Ebay.

Unfortunately, the correct Logitech software (for that particular model of the mouse) won't detect the dongles  (Logi Bolt according to the box) supplied with the mice, nor will it detect the mice.

I already have a Logi Bolt dongle which came with my Logitech keyboard (purchased from Amazon) - this dongle is detected by the software - but I cannot get the mice to connect to this dongle either.

The mice work fine with their own supplied dongle - but these do not appear in the Windows device manager as Logitech devices (unlike the genuine Logi Bolt dongle / Logi mice I already own).

Conclusion is that these mice are fake - but I am not sure if I should select 'Not as Described' or 'Item is Defective'..
What would your advice be?

I already contacted the seller and he offered me a 50% discount  -without acknowledging they are fake mice- but I just want to return them for a full refund. 
Thanks.

__PRESENT

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Not as described

then "defective" or "other".

The returns process is fully automated ,no humans look at it at all.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

I think either "doesn't match discription or photos" or "item is defective" would be ok.

Both reasons should make the seller responsible for paying for the returns label.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

thanks to you both - I have opened a return.

Cheers

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Logitech has more than one dongle type. So you clearly making conclusions without true evidence. There are proper ways to check if mouse is genuine. And this is just example when lack of knowledge gives confidence and possibly leads to wrong accusations. You should ask seller first, not just do what you did here.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

I am not an idiot - would not accuse a seller of fakes without clear evidence - willy nilly. Did you even bother to read my detailed post fully?

I have worked for 35 years in IT and have owned and used Logitech devices for over 20 years - including multiple Logitech mice, cameras, and keyboards.

According to the Logitech website, the M650 mouse comes with a Logi Bolt dongle and is supported by the Logi Options+ software.

The boxes the fake mice came with also state Logi Bolt in the contents and the seller's listing clearly shows Logi Bolt dongles.

In case my 1st post was not clear:

1. The dongles the seller supplied are not recognized by Logi Options+ software - tried them both on two different PCs
  2. The fake mice won't connect to the existing genuine Logi Bolt dongle I already own
  3. The Windows Device Manager lists the fake mice and dongles as generic USB devices - no mention of Logitech in the name (unlike the genuine ones I own).
  4. The edges of the mouse are sharp - and not smoothly finished like all the 10+ logitech mice I have owned over the past 20+years.
  5. The fake Logi Bolt dongles do not have the Bolt logo on them - even though the seller's Listing photos show a logo on the dongles.

Still think I am making baseless accusations? Duh.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

And if you had bothered to read my post - you would have read 

'I already contacted the seller and he offered me a 50% discount  -without acknowledging they are fake mice- but I just want to return them for a full refund. '

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

I know this is  while ago now, I just bougth 8 x Mouse Logitecs and all fake, dongles not Bolt or unifying, and dont even work on BT! not bad overall lookin wise, but you can tell, imperfect injection moulding! - Guy has offered me 50% back, but im not sure what to do, should ebay insure my against this? Cheers -=Alastair

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

I just bougth 8 x Mouse Logitecs and all fake, dongles not Bolt or unifying, and dont even work on BT!  you can tell, imperfect injection moulding! - Guy has offered me 50% back, but im not sure what to do, should ebay insure my against this? Cheers -AL

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

See Ebay Money Back Guarantee ,top right on most listings.

Makes no difference if seller is private and states "no returns".

You just open a claim for not as described.

Might be more difficult if you bought from overseas.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Reject the 50% - politely but firmly ask for demand a full refund and ask for a return label.

My seller just refunded the 100% without bothering to ask for their return.

I reported the seller to eBay - but they did not block him from selling.

I donated the mice to a local charity shop...

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Thank you umernalla thats very helpful. apprcaite you taking the time to respond

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: