Search filter: Delivery options

This is driving me mad, I hope it's me being a slow, and not eBay that hasn't updated its own user experience since the launch 20 odds years ago.

If I do a search, I want to know if the seller offers postage, and if it's collection only, how far from me it is. Ideally I would set a search filter that says: collection only within 25 miles OR postage (free or pay).

As it stads, it doesn't seem I can do that. I can search for location, but not for item further afield from me that seller is happy to post. This is infuriating. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Search filter: Delivery options

When you were trying to do the search, were you using the app or a computer/laptop?  Some people have reported problems when using the app, so if this applies to you, try using a computer or laptop instead.  I have included some instructions below that set out how to search for an item in the manner that you have described:

First of all, type something into the search bar that matches what you are looking for.  When the search results show up on the screen look at the left hand side of your screen.  There are a number of options down the left hand side of the screen that you can select to filter the search results.  The first one is Buying Format.  If you leave this set to All Listings it will show you all of the listings that match your search criteria, although if you want to you can choose to filter this down further, such as whether you want to select Auction listings, Buy It Now or Best Offer.  Personally I would choose to leave it set to All Listings, as this will show you all items that match your search criteria, as well as showing you whether the seller offers postage or is advertising the item as Collection Only.

The second column slightly further down is Item Location.  If you are only interested in items that are twenty-five miles or less from you then select the second option amongst the Item Location headings, which reads "Within 25 mi[les]."

Finally, there is a third column slightly further down the page entitled Delivery Options.  If you are only interested in Collection In Person Only items within a twenty-five mile radius select the third opton, which is the option for Collection In Person Only with the radius that you specified earlier.

If you follow these instructions you should find that you can set your search up to show all items matching your search criteria that are available for collection within a twenty-five mile radius, as well as choosing to show items within that area that are available for postage, should you wish to include those items in the search results as well.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: