Returning an item

Bought a leotard from a seller, size was 20-22. On arrival and trying it on it was far too small and measuring it, it would be a size 16 at best. I regard this as a SNAD and wanted either a refund or a replacement at the correct size. On the drop down menu there was no SNAD option so I choose return and it seems that now I am expected to pay for a retun of this item. Is this right?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Returning an item

If the label inside the item states 20 - 22 and the listing stated 20 - 22 then the return is to be made for the reason doesn't fit,  and not for an item not as described.  You will have to pay for a fully tracked return postage to send the item back to the seller , on receipt they can then fully refund you.

I understand the annoyance here but different makes, brands, stores can all have the same sized labelled item,  but they may all actually be slightly different in size. 

It always helps when sellers add full tape measure measurements for clothing items,  only then can you be sure of an item fitting well.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Returning an item

As you've just found out item not as described cases are started using the return this item button.

It depends what reason you chose whether you or the seller pays for the return postage.

If you picked something like "does not fit" then you would pay.

Alternatively if you use "doesn't match discription or photos" then the seller would pay for the return.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Returning an item

Trouble is that sometimes the wrong size label could get stiched into the garment. I know once, some years ago, I bought a pair of trousers for work and I always bought the same size and brand so I just bought a pair in my size and took them home without trying them on. When I did try them on they were at least one size maybe two too big, even though the label in them was the same as an old pair I had but when held up to the old pair it was obvious that something had gone wrong in the manufacturing process.  Luckily I hadn't removed the tags so I could take them back to the shop and exchange them.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Returning an item

Probably Asian sizing if the difference is that bad - I've been caught out by that before.

The seller would be best to advise of this on their listing to avoid returns & unhappy customers.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: