No more Bidding ?

Is it just me or is everyone eles having same, no one bids anymore just waits for last minute and takes at starting price, is it better to do Buy now price or what, least u get some profit?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

No more Bidding ?

I prefer buy it now unless I have something that is rare or just difficult to price. 

If I do use an auction I set the starting bid at the amount on or near to what I would have set the buy it now price as. 99p auctions (as an example) are too risky on 2024 eBay unless the item is worth 99p and as a strategy sometimes you get a 2nd or 3rd bidder who essentially overpay.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

No more Bidding ?

I garee with @technthread   if you know what you wish to receve for an item and quicker and definite form of sale and payment is a Buy it Now, and you can select here,  immediate payment required.

I only do auction if I find in my collections a rare item which I wish to sell,  and not sure now of its value.

To be honest,  selling clothing items, which are not vintage or rare,   they have a ' ceiling value'  of which you must be aware of,  so just list it for that price as a Buy it Now.

Your items without bids, and more than 12 hours to run,    you can even now,  adjust to the price you wish to receive,  and change them to that price,  on a Buy it Now format.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

No more Bidding ?

People generally don't do auctions as much these days because they are sick of being the highest bidder for days and then in the last 2 seconds someone has used a snipe tool to win the item. It was good back in the day when very few used those tools now most people probably use them. 

Better off with buy it now and then it will go at the price you want. 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: