Negative feedbacks

Hi there all hope you are all well and happy.

Here's one conversation which buyer's get away with which is so unfair

For sellers on the eBay platform.

I think it's unfair for a seller on this platform
To undergo such discrimination from buyer's.
Allowing eBay to say they don't take side's
When they clearly do allowing the negative feedbacks to remain.
Since when is it ok for an inpatient buyer to send you over 31+ messages

In a 24 hour period.while I was waiting for eBay to clear there payment.

So I could post there item the next day.

I even explained the situation to the buyer to which they called me nasty and rude to which I am not.

They left me a negative feedback.

eBay told me they will not remove the negative feedback due to it not violating there system.

Yet the buyer told lies about me.Which has been clearly seen in the messages on the eBay platform.

I have had three members from eBay that have also reported this buyer and have asked for the feedback to be removed.yet I am still left waiting.

So my point here is. How can eBay say they don't take side's when I am still left waiting for the feedback removal.

Kind regards JAKEJIM 

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Negative feedbacks

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

unfortunately all that is sure is, if the buyer reports the massive false positive you left them the comment will be removed and that will damage your account.

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Yes that's right.

I know I left them a massive negative feedback/ positive feedback.

Since seller's can only leave positive feedbacks.

But that's not my point in this situation.

Not only that the buyer has already damaged my account by leaving a negative feedback.

To which I did not deserve.

So by leaving the feedback I have nothing to lose due to eBay not removing the feedback anyway.

It's as clear as a sunny day in the eBay messaging system hence why other members who work for eBay

Can see my point.Yet no Matter how much proof you have and it's in front of there faces.

They side with the buyer as it does not voliate there feedback system.

Doesn't matter if it's all lies.

The back team don't remove it.

So if you have been on eBay from 1 year to 50 years.

Being honest you will still get negative feedbacks from buyer's who lies about situations

To ruin your feedback scores.

So since when is eBay a fair system.

Thank you for your quick response I appreciate it

Kind regards 

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

To add... it is not usually a good idea to buy & also sell using the same account as if you get in to a dispute with someone unreasonable or unstable they have a means to hurt you. 

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

"I was waiting for eBay to clear there payment"... what does this mean?

When a buyer pays you are informed by eBay to ship the item.

Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

I think that might be a clue for the feedback. 

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Oh dear not very professional ( sorry )

Even if I had two accounts which is also breaking the rules ?

Somewhere along the line on a seller account.

Someone will still hurt that account

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately this is not the answer

Kind regards 

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

eBay have a processing system to process each payment from buyer's on eBay that buy your item's.

The payments for each item and fees go through the processing system for you to be paid into your bank processing times are between 0-4 working days depending on your bank account.

The longer eBay take to clear your payment is because it's being done by ( BP )

BP Means back payment which is the old way of making payments.

Usually each payment is done by ( FIP )

FIP means faster incoming payment.

But trust me the payment system is sometimes slow due to the not having enough people on the eBay platform to send all payments hence by the 0-4 working days system.

This is supposed to be a much faster system on eBay but unfortunately this is not the case.

Everyone knows by getting paid by ( FIP )

Goes straight away into your bank account.

( BP ) is 0-4 working days the slow payment.

Hope this helps

Kind regards 

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Oh dear ( sorry not for me )

For one a little to late.

For two I will be no better off having to accounts.

By having one seller account I would still get negative feedbacks by some deluded buyer who is inpatient.

By just having a buyer's account only would not benefit me for when I wanted to sell items.

Unfortunately this is the way of life everyone gets ups and downs no matter how honest you are.

There is always someone out there that doesn't understand or likes to lie about you to eBay.

These people that lie to eBay about you are (**********) people and are jealous as they unable to be a professional seller thereself.

Thank you for your reply

Kind regards 

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Just had our first negative today. Item tracking showed as damaged. So I contacted the buyer about this, refunded them right away and as we are a fully professional business that always tries to do things right, off my own back sent them a t-shirt for free. It wasn't our fault and equally wasn't the buyers, but I know myself if I were in that situation with buying from a retailer, a goodwill gesture like £5 off my next order for the disappointment would be more than welcome. On eBay I don't think there's a way to send a voucher direct to one buyer (such as a code they can use the next time they shop), so I opted to send them an item of stock. 

I informed them the t-shirt had been sent and would arrive by the end of the week (a few weeks ago). 

Today the buyer left a really bad negative feedback comment that was brutal but worse still, totally untrue. Some made up story (they didn't even get their order day or time right) and claims that I asked them if they'd take a bribe of a t-shirt 😂

I've requested eBay remove it even just on the basis of the statement that I asked if they'd take a bribe as that not only doesn't look great (a business that asks if someone wouod take a bribe looks a bit shady) but might cause problems down the line with some customers seeing this and trying to get us to send them a freebie for them to leave positive feedback. 

I'm past the point of caring what feedback we generally get (even massive businesses with many warehouses and 100's of staff members get a lot of negative feedback), but claims we're a business that asks people to take bribes is slightly damaging. 

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Just to confirm.

It is not against the rules to have more than one account. Many have multiple accounts.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/identity-policies/using-multiple-accounts-policy?id=4232&st=3&p... 

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Re: the above with regards to my request for eBay to remove feedback. eBay refused saying to doesn't breach feedback terms. 

Looking at the buyers profile, they've been a serial leaver of negative feedback for some time now. A recent one to someone was where they said the estimated delivery date was 25th-29th. It arrived on the 29th, so last minute. 

Another was something about an item arriving late and the seller "bribed" them with 10% off their next order. 

People like that just need banning from eBay. Plenty more unfortunate sellers will cross paths with him now doubt and plenty will be accused of giving a "bribe" when trying to put things right if they go wrong. 

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Feedback is open to abuse.

A competitor could leave a neg to hurt you.

Also some negs are left first before asking for help or just giving up.

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Oh thought it was that's odd ?

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Yes I quite agree.

As soon as you give your parcel to another company it's out of your hands.

That's when buyer's take it into there own account that it is your fault when it clearly is not.

That's why as a seller it would be good to keep the problem buyer's as private in your feedback scores.

That way us sellers do not have to explain ourselves to lies and buyer cheats.

That face it no matter the proof no Matter the problem no matter eBay helping to remove the wrongful feedback.

Kind regards 

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Yes that's right.

But the buyer I had also threatened me with A&E 

Which is proof on the eBay messaging system as well as other threats.

Yes I know you get trolling on the web and these people like to say things on the net.

But come face to face with the law they run and hide.

Which to me does annoy me due to the stupidity of these people.

Being threatened online draws the line with me and actions should be taken.

Unfortunately eBay do not see it that way they just side with the buyer's feedbacks.

Kind regards 

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Threatened with A & E ??

This then is a Police matter.  Print off that threat,   and take it to your local Police station.  Police take these online threats very seriously now.

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

Negative feedbacks

Yes I have saved all of the buyers messages into one folder.

I told them that I will be contacting the police.

They said they have put in a report about me.

Which is great for me as I know I have done nothing wrong and have only tried to help

This buyer with the eBay processing times.

Which ended up no good as they were not listening to me anyway.

So what I am hoping for is the police to come to me.

Then I can show them all of this buyer's actions and proof on the eBay messaging system

Thank you for your reply

Kind regards 

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: