Key word spamming is not a problem it seems?

I have reported a number of items, the titles of which include top selling brand names other than the brand of the item being offered.

To begin with the "Automated Service" didn't see a problem, but the most recent report was apparently looked at by a service agent who stated that the listing did not violate eBay policy.

I am getting tired of seeing listings for items which appear in searches, other than the specific brand I'm looking for.

Perhaps it's because the items are not in designer clothing ranges and the agent doesn't recognise the issue? 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

To be fair practically all infringements are seen as OK now 😞 The AI ebay use works as well as the algorithms for EDDs.

The site is broken possibly beyond repair now.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly like you I'm not certain that eBay are prepared to police their site robustly enough and as the market leader their near monopoly on peer to peer selling means that they don't have to bother

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Unfortunately, ebay's reporting system has been completely broken for a very long time now. There's no way for users to get action on any infringement any more. First, ebayy claim that allegedly artificial intelligence has investigated any report - which always results in no action. Then, if you manage to contact them and they say that a human has looked into it, this always results in no action as well. This is either because the human looking at it is so poorly trained that they don't know ebay's own rules or, possibly more likely, they just tell you they've looked at it when they haven't and hope you'll eventually give up and go away - which you may as well do.

It's one of the most frustrating things about ebay. They have the site set up to rely on user reports of unsafe, illegal and other infringing items as it's cheaper, understandably, than policing it themselves. But in recent years, they've stopped all actioning of reports so it would definitely be better if they removed all user reporting routes instead of carrying on with this pretence.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: