Extremely slow dispatch and wrong method used?

Wondering if I'm being unreasonable here. Purchased an item Sunday night / Monday morning. The expectation would be sent out Monday. Monday I receive a dispatch notification but no tracking. Special delivery should arrive Tuesday. Come Wednesday nothing received so I contact seller.

He apologised said it would be sent out that day.  It's now Thursday I went to check he added tracking number which isn't special delivery but tracked 24 which is half the price of the special I paid, and what's more tracking says were expecting it meaning he's just printed a label it's not been sent.

Am I being unreasonable?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

When you get the item and if it's past the last estimated delivery date you can open a not as described case and the seller will have to pay for the return and issue a full refund.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

You're not being unreasonable especially if you paid extra for a faster dispatch.

If the item arrives well after the specified estimated date for delivery with the postage stamp not showing the correct postage  you paid,  you can if you wish open a case for item not as described .  This involves sending the item back for a full refund,  at the seller's expense.

eBay does not involve themselves in postage disputes,  so on receipt you could ask for a refund for  any excess postage paid,  but this cannot be enforced.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

My own personal view is that if it gives a fast postage option that is chosen, then the impression/expectation it gives is that the buyer is going to get it really quickly, & at the very least it is dispatched same/next day.

The info when buying should be judged by the estimated delivery date given, however, we all know that that is up the swanny...

I would be happy if it was posted the next day & then I wouldn't judge too hard if it got caught up in the post, but if the seller has taken days to dispatch then I would be quite upset as the only reason you'd choose a fast service is because you want it quick. If coupled by having paid for a more expensive postage cost & then sent cheaper, I would expect a refund of over payment & would consider it a bad experience.

So, overall, no, you're not being unreasonable IMHO.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

As has already been mentioned in previous replies, you're not being unreasonable to expect the item sooner if you paid the extra for a faster delivery service.

Once the item arrives it would be worth contacting the seller to state that you paid extra for the express postage option, but that the item was posted out via a slower means of postage, and therefore you would like a refund of the difference.   The reason as to why I would advise that you contact the seller about this first before rushing into opening an eBay case is because the seller may well have made a genuine mistake - if this is indeed the case then the seller ought to apologise and issue you with a partial refund of the extra that you paid for express postage.

In the event that you get no joy from the seller then you could open a case against the seller as has already been explained in previous responses.  You also have the option of leaving the seller appropriate feedback to reflect your overall view of the transaction, whether you feel that this is positive, neutral or negative.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

You are not being unreasonable to expect to get what you paid for.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: