Contact Seller Form

When contacting seller to ask a question or arrage time and date to collect etc (which is on a Classified Advert), why has eBay decided to put a Form where you have to put in your detaills ie Phone Number, Emaiil and Post Code then the seller has your private important details that could be used by scammers and spammers then the seller does NOTHING no answer etc!?

Why has eBay done this?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Contact Seller Form

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Because that's the system for classified ads.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Contact Seller Form

Well yes I understand thats the system but wondered if anyone knew why it was introduced ie whats the reasoning because of the risk involved with peoples personal DATA being used for scams etc plus gathering information like this can be sold to companies which would be wrong!?

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Contact Seller Form

Indeed eBay do give a warning about that.

Have a read -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/selling-classified-ads?id=4167&st=3&pos=2&...

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Contact Seller Form

I agree, this is the first time I have come across this in the 18 years Ive been on ebay. Im not giving someone all my personal details just so I can ask them a question.......totally ridiculous

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Contact Seller Form

I was going to contact a seller about a bike on the classified's. I thought I would just ask my question as always until they ask me for my name email and mobile! If ever there was a company that is heading staright on into a wall then Ebay is it. Oh well back to the free adverts and hassle free zone on FB Market place.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: