Click and Collect

Why, when I make an Offer ebay wants my card details and if I give these details I've lost the Click & Collect Option. Ebay call it "Authorised payment". It is not authorised by me! I forgot once, once!, to unclick the box for "Keep your card details for ...." My cards details are in MY synapses and not in any websites circuitry. Ebay jumps into my money in a nano second! And, the item will be delivered to me here at home. And there's nothing I can do about it. I need C & C! There's a thief here where I live. I've already had three items stolen so C & C is vital for me. Why has Ebay turned into a sticky fingered money grubber? Because of Ebay's underhand and downright dishonest method of "You wanna make an Offer? Ain't gonna let ya. Card details first!" It's not right or fair. Is there any way I can get out of it? Permanently? I've deleted my card details on their Payment page, but they're still coercing me and trying to nastily manipulate me. Yes, I know, I can always close my account.   ..... giving it serious consideration, I can tell you ......

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Click and Collect

A new ' feature' was introduced and to be fair,   all sellers were not notified of this,  and were opted in,  like it or not.

It was introduced to stop the many non payments being made when offers were accepted.

Very fine ' on paper'  but it has some faults.  Including not being able to select a different payment method,  no combined postage can be offered,  and no click annd collect.

Please do not blame your seller for this, as I can bet,  they don't even know they're opted into this.

The only way to avoid this,  is before making accepting an offer, is to message the seller,  ask if they are in this pay now in theiir sitr preferences,   and they can,  if they wish,  to opt out for you,  of course they do not have to oblige.

As said,  a good idea,  but it's come with many faults.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

Hello, tressygirl,

I'm not blaming the Seller at all. I know it's Ebay doing it. Well, it's horrible and not right! It's robs me of my choice. And, as I said, there's a thief here in this tower block and not every courier rings my doorbell to let me know I've got a delivery. Evri is the worst! By the time I get the email "Delivered", hours later, my parcel is gone. Talk about money grubbing! Sticky fingers slam dunked into my money without my permission! I did not expect such rank nastiness from Ebay. From a scammer; Yes. From Ebay; No. Now, I'll have to ask each and every Seller I want to do business with would they oblige me ....... Ebay is losing it's appeal for me.  ..... erm . what does their "sitr" preferences mean? Thank you for the information. It's a big help. Though a bit of a palaver. 

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

Site preferences (typo)

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

If you have had 3 items go awry and put claims in for non receipt you may find Ebay will withdraw their MBG so maybe you could change the delivery address to a safer location.

Only my thoughts as i have seen buyers lose the MBG for same issue.They don't cover what they consider to be an unsafe address ,they see it as "possible" abuse of their MBG and cover their *** which is what any logical person/business would do under the same circumstances.

"they" don't care about closed accounts because a buyer leaving means the line behind moves forward.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

@m**s540  wrote.  ..... erm . what does their "sitr" preferences mean? Thank you for the information. It's a big help. Though a bit of a palaver. 

Ooops sorry, typo there,  one letter out,      sitr  was meant to be site!

As said this was introduced with no announcement to seller or buyer.

To be sure the seller is not enrolled in this,  in their Site Preferences,  you will need to message them beforehand , before you make / accept any offer,  if you do not wish your selected immediate method of payment to be used.

@m**s540 

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

Thanks for letting me know, kedmore_kats. Appreciate it.

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

k I dmore_kats.   ..... my typo. Sorry.

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

Easy to make typos, when typing fast !

@m**s540 

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

The safer location is my local Argos. It's certainly not my home address when it's Evri courier "service" delivering. DPD are the best and I wish they were ALL like DPD! And, what is Ebay's MGB? Ebay and the phrase, "What tangled webs we weave when first we practice to deceive" comes to mind. Also, I know Ebay don't care a fig if I left cos there many others around to replace me. Well, I'm less of a fan and, from now, less of a Buyer. Ebay, like many others, are getting too big for their abusive boots.

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

No priblem

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

Yes, indeed! 

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

I has this problem too.   I approached a seller and told them I wanted to buy an Item (Buy it now) and the click and collect, option was not there  when I went to pay, and they didn't know what to do.     I suggested that they sent me an offer, which I accepted and the click and collect was there so I got my item this way.   Certainly worth a try. 

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Click and Collect

I think ebay got fed up of people making offers then not paying.

If the buyer intends paying then I dont see a problem.

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: