Can't view an item again after purchase.

For some reason, once you've purchased something, you don't seem to be able to view the photos of the item again anymore. 

It's extremely annoying that if you want to check a detail on the item, you can't open the pictures to check.

Why do ebay keep changing things like this? It makes no sense. 

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Not sure why you cannot see those photos,  all my purchases show  all photos and descriptions as per usual.

Which device are you using?  If the app or mobile browser,  switch if you can to a desktop browser and try from there,  it's far mmore reliable,  Chrome and Firefox work well with eBay.

Or,  it may just be ( another) site glitch you have come across,  and just a matter of ....   '   uh oh ! Please try again later.'

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

nat11911
Conversationalist

Another option is that seller, thinking 'right, that's sold, don't need the pics anymore', has deleted the pics from their PC/lappie so the pics are no longer 'linked' to the eBay listing.

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

I thought the pictures were uploaded to the ebay server?

If so deleating them shouldnt make any odds

Unless you are talking about pictures in the description which may be taken from the sellers website.

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

Unless you mean where you click on an old email link and it takes you to the "We found something similar" page.

If that's the case you need to click on the little picture in the blue outlined box at the top which will take you to the original listing.

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

I'm glad it's not just me!

This also happens when I try to buy something again - It doesn't show the listing, just the 'You purchased this on....' box.

Really annoying

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

I have this problem as above why we cannot view are Product  after Purchase, they can see the Forums why dont they Amend this? 

This put me off ordering from Ebay .... go back to Amazon. 

Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Tell me about it 

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

Totally agree, I often want to check an item and now I can't see it. I sometimes need to check a description detail and now I can't. Why the hell did they do this?

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

My mobile app (Android/Pixel 5) is having the same issue. I am only able to look at the order details, and not the original listing.

However, looking at my confirmation purchase email using my phone, then clicking on the image of the item, then takes me to the original listing, which I'm able to browse.

It's a terrible bug which will surely be sorted soon.

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

Thank you for the help 😃
Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

Occasionally the entire page is no longer there and you get the 'page not found' error.

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

Same here. Very annoying. Using the app, not sure if same on web.

EBAY STOP SCREWING THINGS UP

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

No, its all items and i buy a lot.

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

Stop blaming customers.

THIS IS AN EBAY PROBLEM

Get it fixed and stop denying its nothing to do with you.

If you stopped messing with something that "aint broke" there would not be these problems. Still trying to get used to the "my ebay" moved to bottom of app. Why mess when its all working fine? Pointless fiddling getting in way of us buying and making you profit 

Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

Ebay don't make it obvious on the app but it is possible to view the original listing in its entirety (if you have a free hour!). On your Purchases page, tap anywhere on the item in your list of purchases. That takes you to the Order Details page (when it should take you to the listing as that's what's you tapped on). Then, on the Order Details page, tap on the item again. That takes you to yet another pointless page. On this pointless page, under the item title, there is finally a link that says "See original listing". Tap on that link. At last, you will get the dire app version of the listing where you can scroll through all the photos but have to tap (yet again) on "See full description" to finally be shown the details you should have been shown four taps previously.

The app is not fit for purpose and never has been. On the full desktop version, it's one click to see the full listing. This could easily be implemented on the app, just as showing the description could be but I doubt if either ever will.

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

The show original listing button has vanished. Now when you click on the pictures it take you to similar item buy it now page.

This is on android, don't have the app it's useless.

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

Problem now fixed by ebay
Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

Not on my phone it isn't 😆

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

This us happening to me too, I buy a lot of wool but when I click to buy more or just click an item through a search it just takes me to contact the seller, which I did but they couldnt help me. 

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: