Buyers fed up with increasing number of sellers who sell faulty items so are put off buying on ebay

Buyers fed up with the amount of items that they buy that are  not fit for purpose 

Sellers fed up with items being returned

Problem for all is the amount of rubbish being sold

People are put off buying because of this and looking elsewhere 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Buyers fed up with increasing number of sellers who sell faulty items so are put off buying on ebay

A lot of stuff is either direct from China  or from UK sellers buying in cheap Chinese goods.

The problem with ebay is people buying the cheapest item which is often cheap for a reason.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Many sellers will be grateful that you have posted here.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Many poeple only buy cheep items and then expect the item to be the same quality as the item bought elsewhere.

Its basically a faulse econamy in buying some of the cheap stuff if your expecting it to last or be of the same quality as the more expensive items.

You then end up in the loop of then sellers end up going elsewhere like Gumtree, FB marketplace or various buy/sell groups on social media only to then end up having the same issues there but without then being forced to deal with returns but then run this risk of buyers possibly doing a charge back to get their cash back.

All in all its a catch 22 

Where some people can't or dont want to accept they sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Cheep bought = cheeply made = cheep price

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Unfortunately this is the way eBay are heading.

Notice how most eBay promotions and blogs are all about about starting/building/strengthening your E-commerce stream, volume/global shipping, and entrepreneurships, mmm? Their 'strategic vision' very much favours gross merchandise volume, and the new 're-commerce programme for pre-loved and refurbished items' is about selling refurbished goods in very high volumes (but they never seem to mention 'quality'!).

Ebay seem to be killing off the online auctions, ad-hoc sales, collectibles, and shop-fronts which famously gave them a household name (just look at how they treat the sellers!!!).

They are now clearly in favour of Asian distributors shipping in containers full of cheap, fake or useless tat. Many purporting to be 'from the UK', in order to gain some kind of trust with the gullible UK public. Notice how several vendors seem to share the same address, it's no wonder we see the same tat duplicated across several pages. 

Basically they are no different from Amazon or Alibaba.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

I to am fed up with eBay sellers and their lack of customer care. The last 2 orders resulted in one order I received which was nothing like what I ordered. The other order the seller only shipped 1 of 2 items I ordered. (Beware ordering more than I item as sellers can't cope with this and seem to send out one item only) I have never received more than what I have ordered. Funny that isn't it. These 2 orders are taking up unnecessary time for me to try and resolve. I am giving negative feedback to these sellers in the hope the might improve their standards.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Why not leave feedback to reflect your experiences?

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Poundland prices paid

Harrods goods expected

If its cheap there is usually a reason why

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Personally I am under no illusions about the quality of items on eBay. My issue is with the quality of customer service and not being able to get simple things right. Ordering 2 of the same item can often lead to only 1 item being delivered. When you reach out to the seller they often don't respond so you raise a return request hoping seller will be forced to to find a resolution, but eBay allow sellers automated acceptance of returns so sellers don't have to reply. You then have to send the item back to get a refund and then start the buying process all over again even though you may want the one item that was delivered 

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

"They are now clearly in favour of Asian distributors shipping in containers full of cheap, fake or useless tat."

I was buying keypads in the UK for £12.

I can buy them from China for 88p

I was buying in analogue to digital converters in the UK at £18 each.

£1.50 from China.

The trick with China is to find businesses with good quality control.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

But you can only buy  cheap items if that's all they are selling, and even if they are cheap, they should last a decent amount of time, the torches sold are a example.

A few years ago you could buy a very good torch, but now it's all Chinese 

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: