Bad seller

Seller falsley advertised an item, it turned up late and wasn't as described, they cancelled my return request, ebay refuses to step in because i chose the wrong option and the seller is ignoring me whilst clearly getting away with it.

put them on your block list. 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Bad seller

If it was the trousers, and you opened a case stating that the item was the wrong size/does not fit, then the seller would not have to accept the return.

With 77 brand new items of clothing for sale and 22 recently sold, you could be forgiven for assuming the seller was running a business and should accept returns for any reason.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Bad seller

Given that you screwed up the eBay case by selecting the wrong option then if you paid for the item via PayPal log into your PayPal account and open a PayPal case against the seller, making sure that you state that the item is not as described.  So long as you open the correct case you should stand a decent chance of receiving a total refund of the money paid to the seller.  PayPal look into cases in far more detail than eBay do and give buyers a total of one hundred and eighty days from the date of purchase to open a case, so if you did pay by PayPal then you've still got plenty of time to open a case to see whether you can get your money back.

In the event that you did not pay via PayPal and paid via card then you could get your money back by doing a chargeback.  You have one hundred and twenty days from the date of purchase to do so, so whilst it is not as long as the length of time that PayPal offer buyers, the length of time provided ought to be sufficient to do a chargeback in an attempt to get your money refunded.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: