AI written descriptions!

Is it just me or is this AI generated drivel driving any others buyers to distraction?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

AI written descriptions!

Some sellers too, are not being careful here,  as the AI bot is taking, and scrambling information sellers are placing in their item specifics.

Whilst then some info is correct,  the little bot is seemingly adding their own flowery additions,  which may not apply to the item at all.

So, not only perhaps ' distracting drivel' as you decribe,  but inaccurate description opening up reasons for more INAD  cases.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

AI written descriptions!

Yes it's really tedious, if you are buying it doesn't provide any real information. Useless. There was a decent item I wanted to purchase yesterday. I had to keep contacting the seller. Basic stuff like what's the bloody size. 
im not buying from any seller that's uses it. When I sell I spend ages inputting as my detail as possible.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

AI written descriptions!

For the most part, what I have seen is puffed-up sales talk.  Doesn't give any accurate information about the specific item on sale.  Quite a bit is misleading.  I wonder what would be the result of any SNAD actions, considering these descriptions have been generated by ebay itself?

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: