UK search only option in Settings/Preferences

Hopefully someone in eBay will read this and put it to someone higher up. Can we not have an option in our personal Settings/Preferences that lets us select 'UK Only' for our search results? I'm getting fed up having to select 'UK Only' everytime I do a search. I never buy items from outside of the UK. So, why can't it default to UK and if I ever do want to buy from a buyer outside the UK, I could tick an 'International Sellers' box?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

overseas sellers pay to have their items shown on ebay.uk so you will never be given the option to have UK only as the default,

ebay would be in default of contract with those sellers if they allowed UK only as the default, so you will need to continue changing it every time you search

even if you could choose UK only as the default you would still get all the overseas sellers who have a UK distribution point,

the only way to ensure your purchase is from a UK based seller is to check their feedback profile page BEFORE you purchase,

and even that won't protect you from buying items made in China, as virtually everything is made there these days!

You can set your saved searches to show UK only but it doesn't stop overseas sellers from coming through if they claim to have a UK distribution address.

To be sure you would need to click on every sellers user i.d. to see where they are registered and even then some do lie.

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

You can search items located in UK, but seller can be anywhere in the World, usually China.

You need to check delivery time to see if item genuinely in UK.