I'm a buyer. Bought item all good but my feedback rating did not go up. Why?

Over time I've either won or bought 17 items but only 11 are in brackets after my name.  Have Had a pleasant experience with each one and left positive feedback for each one.    A recent item all went fine, I left positive feedback but no increase in feedback reputation yet again..  There's nothing more I can do.  Any Ideas?  Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Leaving feedback is voluntary, for both parties.  Many sellers no longer bother leaving if for buyers, because buyers can receive nothing other than positive feedback (or none at all). So even the buyers from hell have 100% positive feedback.

The only useful feedback is that left for sellers.  So carry on leaving it, and remind yourself that you're here to make purchases, not to collect feedback. 🙂

@surfspider 

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

I find that 70% plus of  buyers don't bother leaving feedback anymore

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

These are the UK boards and you are in Canada , best log into your designated site - https://www.ebay.ca/

However adding to what's already been said -

Feedback left by seller cannot damage a buyer, but feedback left by buyers can damage a seller, for example -

One of the feedback you left commented the delay in arriving was not the fault of the seller as it was possibly caused by covid-19 – but you still left the seller non-positive feedback.

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Your feedback page states that you received only 11 feedback.

You have left 17 feedback, so some of your sellers didn't return it.

It isn't compulsory. Sellers today may not see much point in leaving feedback for buyers. EBay no longer allows sellers to leave anything except positive feedback for buyers, even if the buyer doesn't pay or proves to be dishonest. The original point of feedback, to show whether a buyer or seller is reliable, no longer applies to buyers. It's more about making them feel good about using eBay now.

The number increase when the seller leaves you feedback, not when you leave feedback.