Womens coat woes

Any other clothing retailer experience this that even when full measurements are provided, the return ratios of women's coats is always really high for sizing issues?

We had almost 100 returns last year. Around 90 of them were women's coats for sizing issues. 

A bit frustrating as we include all measurements in our titles and descriptions, then even spell it out, get a measuring tape and measure a coat they own and knows fits. Compare measurements to ours. It's still the same though with women just not checking (by their own admittance) and it being 'bigger/smaller than expected', then that's us done in for £6 and £100+ we can't 're-earn' due to it counting towards turnover when trying to stay under VAT limits. 

It's a line I'm now doing away with because to sell one women's coat it normally means 2, even 3 returns on it until wahoo someone checked the measurements and it fits. 

A lot of money has been wasted selling women's coats to have it returned when it's such a simple task. I've asked women friends who have tried on some of our coats and when they have checked the measurements, they know if it will fit or not before trying it on. 

Bad day at the office I guess haha. Change is nigh. 

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Womens coat woes

Fashion items on Amazon get free returns no matter what reason and the seller pays. 

Message 21 of 22
See Most Recent

Womens coat woes

Exactly, if you make returns to easy and offer free returns. The buyer does not go and measure or check if they really want it. Just order and when it arrives if they don't want it just send it back and they have lost nothing. Whilst you don't want to take a buyers leagal right to return, you don't want to make it to easy. 

Message 22 of 22
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: