Where has instant messaging gone?

Over night it has vanished amd now I'm having to reply though email like the old days?? It's a pain as direct messaging customers is so much quicker.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

No one else got this problem?

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Maybe add to that ....i listed one item last night and the option for free postage had/has disappeared 😞    I gave up.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

It's a mess overall at the moment. Various issues affecting various people like the leaving feedback problem. Works for some, doesn't work for others. It all started up when eBay messed up that side bar for filtering specifics. 

I'd imagine it's like a pile of toppling dominoes where messing around with that code has caused other unrelated issues and when fixing it, has again caused other problems in other parts of the code. 

At a guess they'd need to restore a previous server backup, but as it might undo the work they've done with bigger images at the top on desktop mode, they're reluctant as when they put that code back in, the sidebar issue could well happen again. So instead they are looking at fixing each individual issue it's caused. 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Another thing that really annoys me is.....

I list an item and never promote it.    Ebay are putting a lot of other inferior quality promoted listings slap bang in the middle of my listing grrrrr

I honestly cannot think of many reasons at all why i should continue to list on the site.

4 working days to go before we have freedom 🙂  

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

It's a bit of a nightmare here when some say to clear the cookies and cache to possibly resolve issues like these. Neither will work and it can cause more hassle really. 

Clearing cookies - cookies basically just save preferences. They have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on server side issues. Clearing cookies won't do anything at all and will mean that when you next visit any website, you'd have to accept cookies over again via those annoying popups. 

Clearing cache - cache is really just a folder that contains downloaded website files such as logos and other imagery. The first time someone visits a website, files will be cached (downloaded) for fast access when visiting the website the next time (as the files will already be there). The only reason to clear the cache at all is to free up space on a hard drive or improve system slowdowns (clearing cache will remove files of things someone may not have visited for quite some time and thus it's taking up unnecessary space).

Using another browser - it really depends. Some browsers may not work as well running different plugins (the late flash, html5, java). A recent platform update may not work well with some browsers so it couldn't help to try it. 

Realistically though, if the issue still happens whilst trying to do the same thing in an incognito browser window (incognito is no pre-saved cookies or cache), then actually clearing the cookies and cache is just setting yourself up to have to click "accept cookies" over again when visiting websites. 

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

I went to message someone this morning. Coukd t find the where to send button just give up after that 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: