Sign in faster with passkeys............................

Anyboby else got this on loggin.

My desktop pc stores my passwords.

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

Yeah I have this now, it's still a pain in the a**e as it asks for the passkey every so often even when you're still logged in. But it is so much quicker than the text message code fiasco!

Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

I wish ebay would stop messing with the site, sick of it all.

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

I use two accounts on the same desktop, Passkey worked on one and then froze on the other.

Had a think and reverted back to fingerprint and text. 

It concerns me that if someone is using your desktop the chances are they know the Passkey? which then gives them access to your Ebay account.

Or am I wrong, 

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

I just give up with the nonsence......constant site changes, how to alienate your customer base.

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

They gave us text/email verification and since that came in I've been sent a text on a handful of occassions. Now there's passkeys? I've seen it but have not signed up.

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

I tried logging in on my private account, the same thing came up, how many buyers will just not bother with tha hassle....

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

I know it doesn't fit the "everything is terrible" narrative, but any buyers that don't want to bother with the hassle will just continue using passwords the same as they do now.

Passkeys are optional. If you've switched it on and don't want it, just go into My eBay and turn it off again.

superchallenge_0-1707090321464.png

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

There isn't any optioin in my ebay, obviously i looked......   🙄

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

What bugs me is that there's no 'Don't show me this again' just a 'Maybe later'.

No eBay, I don't want an alternative method of signing in, now or 'later'.  STOP BUGGING ME.  There's enough unecessary clicks on this site without adding another one.

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Nobody wants this and nobody needs this. It is probably just another one of those "bright ideas" that an Ebay executive came up with.  Also what is it with "maybe later"? Are they gonna force it upon us at some point like an unwanted Windows or Apple IOS upgrade? I hope not.      

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

I signed in tonight and realised that there is an issue, it's asking for MFA login which shouldn't happen when using passkeys.   Other than that it works OK.

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Ther's always an issue.

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

Don't want this and unable to dissable but found that if you ignore enough times it goes away.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Not only do I get that everytime I switch accounts, but the next window is youlend saying I can have credit, just wish as mentioned there was a tick box saying do not show again.

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

Is ebay pushing this recently ?  I'm a private seller with only one account and they have my phone number to send text to, but never have when logging-in.

This usually starts with an email "Help us make your account safer"

Followed by "Phone number (verfied)" or edit.

Followed by "Email address (unverified)" or verify.

I click verify, they send a code to my email address but by the time I get to my email, write dowm the 6(?) figure code and get back to the 'verify' page it's expired after about 3-4 minutes.  So I've failed several times.

Tacked on at the bottom is something like "Sign-in quicker with Passkeys"   or Skip Till Later.

It all seems pointless as I'm responding to the only email address on my account, the one they sent the email and all their other notifications to and which I never use to log-in with anyway, I log-in using my Username.

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: