Posted late ?

I recently had a buyer open INR claim.

2 days later tracking showed delivered.

So I won the INR case and was paid.

However I got a stroppy note from ebay saying item was posted late.

This isnt true as I always post same day if before 5pm and next day if after 5pm.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Posted late ?

Nutshell is that eBay clearly don't know the difference between dispatch and delivery. If you look at your 'late' delivery report it says 'number of orders that weren't dispatched on time', when they clearly mean delivered.

You could post it a minute after it sold and eBay would still say you were late dispatching it if it's delivered later than their silly estimate.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Posted late ?

@darth_baggins wrote:

Nutshell is that eBay clearly don't know the difference between dispatch and delivery.

The problem is eBay using the first date recorded in the tracking as the despatch date. Many carrier services don't scan on collection/receipt; if the only scan is a delivery scan eBay will likely interpret that as the despatch and delivery scan.

I don't upload tracking for most items to eBay unless an INR case has been opened for this very reason. The haulier I use for larger items does not scan on collection; the first scan is when the pallet arrives at a trunk depot which is usually one or two working days after the item has actually been collected. The same would apply to mail items that were posted in a parcel box or letter box - you may have posted on the same day but the first scan won't happen until the item is scanned at a sorting/delivery office. This will obviously be the day after you posted if you missed the last collection time. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Posted late ?

thats just a system automated note, yes its not necessary correct and when not very aggravating. eBay don't mind P****g sellers of

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: