Late Postage Defects - is this right?

I'm a little bit amazed with my experience today in trying to appeal a couple of late postage defects.  Both of these defects were Royal Mail Large Letters, 2nd Class, so full tracking is not included, but there is confirmation of delivery at the other end.

I don't seem to have had this problem before, but these two similar situations are as follows (for both of these my handling time is 2 working days and I use click and drop, which is plugged into my ebay account so tracking numbers are auto populated):

1) Order on 12th Dec 2023, organised a Royal Mail collection on 13th Dec 2023.  Item never got there so I gave the buyer a full refund.  Buyer ticked the 'item did not get here on time' box.

2) Order on 29th Dec 2023, organised a Royal Mail Collection on 30th Dec 2023, Item arrived on 6th Jan 2024 - therefore arrived late and the date was stated in the tracking.

For both, ebay customer service wasn't interested in hearing or seeing my proof of postage, to show that I am actually exceeding my handling metrics.  They have made 'final' decisions on these defects which I believe to be unfair.

Am I missing something here?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I have late delivery defects and two neutral feedback due to late delivery by Royal Mail.    I too have proof of posting, but eBay are refusing to remove.    Having looked at other card sellers, we are all having the same problems.  

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

With regard to the first defect, if the buyer ticked the 'late' box the defect will stay on your record for either three or twelve months (depends on the number of transactions processed).  It is set in stone, a constant irritation every time you look at your seller metrics.  Also, this shows how ridiculous the feedback system is - if the buyer didn't receive the item, why can they leave feedback?  The feedback should be left for RM, not the seller.

The second defect should automatically disappear because you despatched on time.  I use Click & Drop and the defect hangs around for three or four weeks, then disappears.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: