Item Descriptions Missing

Noticed on a fair few on my listings the item descriptions are missing.  Just a big blank section where they should be.  When I've looking in the listing in edit mode they are still there.. any ideas?

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

I have had the same thing happen myself over the last few days. I have got to the end of a detailed description and pressed done on the on-screen keyboard. Mistake! Don't press done on the keyboard but go to the top of the description and press done within the listing, it will save the description for you.

Message 21 of 29
See Most Recent

I have had this recently when using an iPad mini. I checked I had the latest software updates and did so cleared cookies etc. and now all seem fine.

Message 22 of 29
See Most Recent

I  am experiecning this when viewing some listings - the description is blank. Seems some people can see the description, some can't.

Message 23 of 29
See Most Recent

Same with all of my listings, go into edit and its all there, view listing and its blank.

Message 24 of 29
See Most Recent

I seem to be managing to get around it at times by selecting, copying and pasting the text before I make any further actions. If I click on the "done "button at the top of the description it seems to stay but if I click on the "done" button on my keyboard it disappears. If it disappears I then have another go and just paste the description from my clipboard and keep on trying until it works. Poor programming though.

Message 25 of 29
See Most Recent

The issue of Item descriptions not showing on PCs is back today (19/03/24) for us.

Spoke to CS chat and they have confirmed it is a Technical issue being looked at.

Message 26 of 29
See Most Recent

A couple of mine did this last week, then suddenly appeared again shortly after.

Try logging out, getting rid of the thousands of cookies everyone blocks your browser with these days, restart and log back in, hopefully that'll sort the glitch.

Message 27 of 29
See Most Recent

Thanks, it's not the cache/cookies.

We've checked on multiple Browsers, PCs and Networks and all just show a blank white space where the description should be.

Issue is ebay technical fault.

Message 28 of 29
See Most Recent

Didn't get my ordered item

Message 29 of 29
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: