How do I email a document to a buyer to sign

As per the title, how do I email a document to a buyer to sign?

Does anyone know if I can just use the eBay created email address and that will forward the email including the attachment on to the buyer?

They are claiming they never received their item, but the tracking shows delivered.

So we have opened a claim with the courier and they need the buyer to sign a declaration stating they never received their item.

Tricky one as the photo showing delivery is in a hallway of a block of flats and the buyer is saying that is a communal area and they never received it.

If they didn't receive it, then fair enough, it is not my place to judge either way. But we need to send them a document to sign and then send it back.

So was wondering if anyone knew if the eBay email addresses would work for that.

Cheers

Russ

anita@ebay 

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

You can ask them for their e mail address as they have made a purchase from you.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

varl131
Conversationalist

You have their proper address - why not simply post the document to them by fist class post.

Enclose a S.A.E  if you want it retuned to you.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Sorry for the typos - should be 'first class',  and 'returned'

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

I've emailed buyers by using the weird ebay address, and I've had responses - so it obviously works just like a normal email address.  I guess, by using this address, eBay keeps a record of the dialogue and is alerted if you're up to mischief.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

If a transaction has been completed which it has then you are allowed to share information for such matters such as an email address (not the ebay one).

YOu should be able to message as others have mentioned via the ebay address.

Alternatively you could use the ebay message system and attach the document as a jpeg where it says add photos, get them to sign it and obviously they then send the signed one back via jpeg.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: