Feedback removal

Does anyone actually get a reponse from Ebay after you contact them to request a feedback removal. Or do you have to chase them up to actually do something.  I have reported a few neutral feedbacks and heard nothing ? 

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feedback removal

@stitchbubble wrote:

I have had neutral feeback removed in the past. 

They certainly won't be removed now.

@stitchbubble wrote:

Because I am an established seller ( I have been told)  they seem to allow you to have a certain number of removals in a year ? if you phone them with a legitmate reason for its removal. 

Anchor store subscribing mega-sellers were seemingly able to get justified negative feedback removed at the slightest whim. There used be frequent posts in the "Buying" boards from buyers complaining about their perfectly justified (and non-eBay policy breaching) feedback being removed. I remember one poster showing screenshots of a seller's feedback on one day - peppered with a few red dots - that had turned into a perfectly green oasis the next day. It is precisely this sort of manipulation the new regulations are designed to prevent. It is interesting how I can't even find a thread relating to feedback in the "Buying" boards now but there are a few recent threads in the "Selling" board complaining about eBay refusing to remove negative feedback.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Feedback removal

It has been my experience that they are not interested in sellers trying to get their feedback changed back when the buyer has either lied or exaggerated the condition of an item they have received or who was at fault even though you have the proof in the picture they took that it was correctly packaged!    eBay take the Buyer's side every time which is a farce considering that it is Sellers who keep them in business, not Buyers !!  Plus if you leave negative feedback on a Buyer, it does not affect their rating, if they leave negative feedback on you as a seller, it does affect your rating !!   A completely corrupt organisation and don't start me on the postage overcharge scam system they have going using Packlink !!

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

papso22
Experienced Mentor

They are bad enough at removing negatives, I don't think you have any hope of getting a neutral removed.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

I have had feedback removed in the past, but I always have to phone to do it. 

I just don't see the point of having the option to report feedback if they don't even bother to acknowledge it. 

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

I chased eBay up 3 times in different ways and they just said they have a duty to acknowledge buyer's negative feedback but when I replied that my negative feedback about a buyer doesn't even touch their overall feedback, they didn't bother to reply !    Which to me means they are not interested in Sellers' problems, all they want to do is massage the egos of buyers !    I told them I would remove all 73 of my items from eBay and they still didn't bother to reply!   With a service like that to their "customers" who keep them i =n business makes me wonder how they are STILL in business !!

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

eBay are highly unlikely to remove any feedback unless it is negative and a Money Back Guarantee case has been decided in the seller's favour. At most they will likely remove the comment and leave the rating if the comment contains offensive language (for example).

This is due to upcoming changes in the law that will include things like eBay's feedback system. As the risk of removing legitimate negative feedback will carry the risk of a fine equal to 10% of eBay's global turnover eBay will almost certainly over-comply with the legislation. The most likely response will be the canned "It's the buyer's opinion" line.

Also, as far as I am aware eBay has never removed neutral feedback as it isn't used in the feedback score calculation. You can send a feedback revision request to the buyer but that is about all.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

Because I am an established seller ( I have been told)  they seem to allow you to have a certain number of removals in a year ? if you phone them with a legitmate reason for its removal. I'm just wondering why they have the feature to report feedback, when they don't bother reposnding to say yay or nay ? 

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

They wont remove negative feedback unless you have won a case ( as stated by 4_Bathrooms ) 

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

The changes in the Law should work both ways..the proposed changes should mean that a BUYER can be equally liable for leaving untrue or deliberately false negative feedback ...because it can unfairly damage a Business' reputation.

The proposed law change states,

Commissioning or submitting of fake reviews

Posting consumer reviews without taking reasonable steps to check they are genuine 

Offering or advertising to submit, commission or facilitate fake reviews 

That means if a buyer submits a fake ( i.e untrue,  wrong,) then they ( and eBay)  are liable. Also, As buyers dont have to provide proof of ID when they open an eBay account then how can eBay know that their reviews are  genuine ( as they could be using a fake name...)...so therefore If a seller states that the feedback is untrue and the buyer says nothing then any reasonable person could say that eBay have not met their obligations to ensure that they have taken "reasonable steps to check they are genuine" and therefore it must be removed.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

@everyfone-uk wrote:

The changes in the Law should work both ways..the proposed changes should mean that a BUYER can be equally liable for leaving untrue or deliberately false negative feedback ...because it can unfairly damage a Business' reputation.

That isn't really how it works. The new regulations are intended to prevent businesses misrepresenting themselves to consumers either by commissioning fake (positive) reviews or by removing genuine negative reviews. The latter is due to sites like Trustpilot who will happily remove negative reviews provided the business coughs up enough in subscription fees thus giving consumers a false impression of the overall satisfaction rating of the business. 

In law a business is always deemed to be the dominant party in a business-to-consumer relationship so the law is always weighted heavily in favour of the consumer. If someone defames a business by leaving a false negative review (or feedback) the business is expected to take their own action - at their own expense - under the Defamation Act (for example).

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

@stitchbubble wrote:

They certainly won't be removed now.

@stitchbubble wrote:

Because I am an established seller ( I have been told)  they seem to allow you to have a certain number of removals in a year ? if you phone them with a legitmate reason for its removal. 

Anchor store subscribing mega-sellers were seemingly able to get justified negative feedback removed at the slightest whim. There used be frequent posts in the "Buying" boards from buyers complaining about their perfectly justified (and non-eBay policy breaching) feedback being removed. I remember one poster showing screenshots of a seller's feedback on one day - peppered with a few red dots - that had turned into a perfectly green oasis the next day. It is precisely this sort of manipulation the new regulations are designed to prevent. It is interesting how I can't even find a thread relating to feedback in the "Buying" boards now but there are a few recent threads in the "Selling" board complaining about eBay refusing to remove negative feedback.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Feedback removal

Nothing gets removed any more, we have had some comical ones this month, items tracked and delivered, people not reading the listing, in correct addresses. All our fault apparently 

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent