Cool new layout ebay.........photo's good size etc.

Like the new item layout and photo size.....good to see a good positive change.....cheers.

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Is this desktop?  I just looked at your listings (I'm on the ap) looks like I'd expect.

Message 2 of 24
See Most Recent

Desktop, that's all i ever use, best change i've ever seen ebay do.

Message 3 of 24
See Most Recent

They've made some improvements but I always crave more individual page customization, good for smaller businesses to distinguish & promote themselves.  ...I was just at a meeting of small start up's today & they were talking about importance of those for local economy. 

Seems it's not really playing to strength of ebay to be just like other's - mainly serving large faceless corporations. - & many 'products' now (& really always have) include re-prodution, keeping things going. Like Blade Runner, "The furutre is not new, ...it's old, ...very old"

Message 4 of 24
See Most Recent

This!!! The problem is being so limited, it's hard to make yourself look like a business/shop. Which then means people treat businesses like some sort of carboot sale with not being hesitant in sending silly offers as if the seller was someone clearing out old junk from their bedroom. 

As for the layout change, definitely good to see bigger photos at the top like that.

Message 5 of 24
See Most Recent

Does anybody know how you can view the seller's shop from the new listing layout?

Message 6 of 24
See Most Recent

doesnt seem to be a 'view sellers shop' link, just see sellers other items and they are presented in a list just like any other listings without a shop.

Message 7 of 24
See Most Recent

Next to the sellers business name top right is a picture of a shop, click on it.

Message 8 of 24
See Most Recent

In order to see a seller's shop it appears that you need to do the following:

- Click on the seller's username on the new listing layout (that returns a list of items for sale)

- Click on the seller's username at the top of that page

That takes you to the seller's shop.

Two clicks where only one used to be required. Par for the course these days.

Message 9 of 24
See Most Recent

Must admit a simple ' Click here to View Shop'  might be useful,  buyers then easily finding your shop items.

The shop icon in my humble opinion is not an obvious one to hover over,  click on presently.

Message 10 of 24
See Most Recent

I'm not seeing a picture of a shop anywhere next to a seller's business name. Any chance of a screenshot?

Message 11 of 24
See Most Recent

@exponential_developments wrote:

Next to the sellers business name top right is a picture of a shop, click on it.

Are you on the new detail page? I am and don't have a shop icon.

Message 12 of 24
See Most Recent

@thesmokingrunner wrote:

In order to see a seller's shop it appears that you need to do the following:

- Click on the seller's username on the new listing layout (that returns a list of items for sale)

- Click on the seller's username at the top of that page

That takes you to the seller's shop.

Two clicks where only one used to be required. Par for the course these days.

Thank you. That worked, but it's about as intuitive as navigating a hedge maze wearing a blindfold! How are buyers going to find that?

Can anyone from ebay confirm that this change is 'by design'? It feels to me like access to a seller's shop has been omitted as a complete oversight.

Message 13 of 24
See Most Recent

Looks no different to me, plus they have mucked up where it used to say view sellers other items, that has vanished and see shop is halfway down the page now, flipping horrible

Message 14 of 24
See Most Recent

They have moved it right down the page, it's ridiculous

Message 15 of 24
See Most Recent

Crikey, I missed that, doesn't stand out enough

Message 16 of 24
See Most Recent

@belindashandbags wrote:

They have moved it right down the page, it's ridiculous

They've moved the shop link to near the bottom of the page next to seller feedback. That's utterly ridiculous! It's clear that ebay really doesn't want buyers browsing the site through a seller's individual shop front.

Message 17 of 24
See Most Recent

I've got this view today. Not a fan TBH. Yes the huge photo is nice but there's one pane for 'related (sponsored) items' then another pane for 'similar (sponsored) items' then finally the item description.

Expect more complaints because the buyer didn't read the description. Or cancellation requests/abandoned carts because eBay showed them something 3p cheaper so they want that instead.

Message 18 of 24
See Most Recent

The 'more from this seller' section has also been removed.

Message 19 of 24
See Most Recent

Found the shop link, its down below description and seller business information.  I'm not seeing the usual shop next to seller name - the sellers other items link below user name is prominent

I wish we could have the central element of the listing as our listing.  I don't like the  'similar items' and 'explore related items' mid listing

I do like the big image - good for my jewellery thats very visual.  I also really like the fact it clearly states Business next to seller name. 

On my widescreen second monitor and on my laptop at 90% - make offer, watch this item and the current voucher offering I have on are below the fold and rather lost (second screen shot below)

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 14-37-18 DUCATI 50uf CAPACITOR MOTOR RUN Generator Pump Compressor.....1st CLASS POST eBay.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 14-56-46 Sterling Silver Tulip Brooch Natural Red Garnet Gemstone Handmade Boxed eBay.png

Message 20 of 24
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: