Any way to allow postage to New Zealand?

I'm sure I used to offer postage to New Zealand, but I've just been contacted by a potential customer who is unable to buy, and indeed it seems New Zealand is not selectable as a postage destination.

I'm reluctant to use 'Worldwide' and rely on eBay actually filtering countries I can't legally and morally don't want to sell to, so is there a way to either add NZ to an existing postage policy, or set up a specific one for it?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Try unticking the New Zealand box in your postage preferences exclude locations page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ship/prf/excludeRegions 

New Zealand is in the Oceania section.

You may have to use the " show all countries" link below Oceania to see the countries.

Screenshot_2024-05-12-13-57-08-490~2.jpeg

People should remember karma is like a rubber band.
It only stretches so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

OK, so eBay has ditched my earlier reply to this for some reason...

Anyway, unticking New Zealand hasn't helped. I still can't find a way to add it to a postage option and when I select ship to NZ from the listing I get a message saying the seller does ship there but hasn't set up a postage service.

Any further ideas?

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi I'm from Australia.

I clicked on a couple of your items & have managed to click on postage details & change to New Zealand & receive a postage price.

If you provide an item # that your buyer is attempting to purchase I am happy to try on that one.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I suppose you could get a quote to see how much it would cost to post the item to New Zealand, then send the buyer an invoice for the full cost of the item, including the international postage costs.  If the buyer still wants the item then he/she can pay using the invoice you sent and you ought to be able to complete the sale.  I did something similar many years ago, although in that case I was the buyer, and I had spotted an item for sale by an American buyer who wasn't selling internationally.  I asked if he would consider selling the item to me for the full Buy It Now price (the listing also had a Best Offer option on it), plus the price to post it to the UK, and he agreed to get an international postage quote for me.  The quote he came back with for postage was much lower than I had anticipated so I agreed to purchase the item.  When the seller sent me the invoice I was able to pay for the item, despite the fact that he had listed it for sale without an internation postage option.  The item arrived ten days after I had paid for it.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: