Non Payment buyer has 42 Non Payments Against her. Why is eBay allowing this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Non payment from ebayer, I cancelled it then checked there feedback. In hignsight I should of done that first. I counted 42 non payments. I tried to get through to them but no answer. I'm wondering why eBay has allowed this person to upset so many sellers.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Report the Seller, so it will form a record of this eBayers history of non-payment.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Oh dear. 42 sellers who have allowed this non payer to get away with not paying.

Buyers ger 4 days to pay. If they don't, on day 5 sellers get the option to cancel  with the reason: "buyer didn't pay".

Seller gets a fee credit, buyer gets a non payment strike on their account. If they get 2 non payment strikes in a 12 month period they will be prevented on bidding/buying from sellers who have their buyer preferences set to block members with 2 or more non payment strikes.

You get your selling fees credited, and neither of you can leave feedbCK.

If just 2 of those sellers had done this instead of leaving silly false positive feedbacks that do no good whatsoever, that buyer would have been unable to bid on your items, and saved you a lot of hassle.

Buyer Requirements

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

you cannot 'see' non payment strikes

if you can 'see' a person hasn't paid 42 times it means that many people have left positive feedback for not being paid!

the option for sellers to leave negative feedback was removed over 14 years ago!!

ebay removed the option for sellers and introduced non payment strikes instead,

these work really well if sellers do it properly, (if the non payer has received positive feedback for not paying those sellers have broken the rules and not helped anyone, apart from the non payer!)

when you have a non payer you need to cancel the sale after 4 days choosing buyer didn't pay as the reason to stop ebay charging final value fees and give them a non payment strike or have it set to automatically close after 4 days

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

then add the non payers ID to your blocked list

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock

then set you bidder requirements to block bidders with two or more non payment strikes in the last 12 months

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi, after another non payment I went to leave feedback (which has to be positive), I always leave a message in Caps saying 'NO COMMUNICATION, NO PAYMENT, STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUYER' and couldn't do it, It seems that Ebay now does not allow feedback of any kind to be posted on non payers. This sort of behavior need flagging up to be fair to sellers. By the way, if anyone mucks me about I always block them so no longer can they waste my time. Happy Xmas! 

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

I don't understand, surely everyone of the sellers had to cancel the item after 4 days of non payment, otherwise they could not so easily relist it. So if what you say is true, after two 'did not pays' then a bad buyer would be banned?

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

leaving negative comments on positive feedback helps no one! ( and is against the rules)

all you do is increase the non payers positive feedback score,

people don't bother to scroll through and read positive feedback, they just see the 100% feedback score

when you have a non payer you need to cancel the sale after 4 days choosing buyer didn't pay as the reason to stop ebay charging final value fees and give them a non payment strike or have it set to automatically close after 4 days

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

then add the non payers ID to your blocked list

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock

then set you bidder requirements to block bidders with two or more non payment strikes in the last 12 months

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

42 non payments and still buying, have not been shut down, no ban from eBay.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

@Anonymous wrote:

42 non payments and still buying, have not been shut down, no ban from eBay.

that's because the sellers left positive feedback for non payment

when they should have completed non payment cases

ebay don't read the feedback they just see 42 sellers who had a positive experience with that person!

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Please re-read the responses to your initial question, which explains why this buyer is still operating. 

******************************************************************************************