Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 07.02.24 @2pm

Hi everyone,

Our eBay Community Team is made up of marco@ebay, @dave@ebay  and katie@ebayBetween us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on, we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have, and we’ll do all we can to support. 

How the chat works:

• The chat will open at 2pm and will remain open for new questions until 3pm each Wednesday.
  • We will answer the questions chronologically and will reply after 3pm if needed.
  • To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply.
  • We will reply quoting your question.
  • This chat is designed to provide quick replies from eBay employees on subjects we can assist you with publicly. 

Rules:

• One question per reply. If you have multiple questions, please do multiple replies.
  • Follow the community guidelines, which can be found here
  • Your reply must contain a question. Please do not reply to another members question with an answer. Replies with no questions may be removed to help with the reading of this thread.
  • This thread will close in one hour, so please open a discussion thread and @mention our team if your question is in-depth, ongoing, or more of a general complaint. This way, we can reply to you in a way that is most beneficial to all.

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us, or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-re
Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

When I want to print a packing slip my user name appears for a couple of seconds and then disappears before I print it.  I managed to get a photo of the packing slip with my username on it just before it disappeared before I could print it.  I don' know why this is happening?  It never used to so is this a problem with my laptop or a technical issue with the downloading of the slip?

Message 1 of 4
Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

Regarding this announcement today

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Announcements/Introducing-a-cheaper-way-to-return-items-that-weigh-l...

eBay are 'excited' to announce a ten pence reduction in returns for items that weigh less than 1kg.

Is this a joke? When I saw the headline I thought eBay had finally seen sense and introduced a large letter return rate.

Why would I be excited to pay £3.29 for a return instead of £3.39, when if I handle it myself it would cost me less than half this amount?

Question is - when will eBay give us a large letter return lable option?

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

@jackskia123 wrote:

When I want to print a packing slip my user name appears for a couple of seconds and then disappears before I print it.  I managed to get a photo of the packing slip with my username on it just before it disappeared before I could print it.  I don' know why this is happening?  It never used to so is this a problem with my laptop or a technical issue with the downloading of the slip?

Message 1 of 4

Hi jackskia123, thanks for flagging this with us.

Could you please confirm the item number for the transaction in question, so we can look into this for you?

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

Good Afternoon team!

Is it possible for eBay to reintroduce the option to mark items as Unpaid.

We receive a number of questions from members who have accidentally marked an item paid, maybe an easy mistake to make on the app, a device I don't use, and cannot then mark as unpaid,  as indeed there has been no payment.

I believe the answer presently ,  is to ask the buyer to mark as unpaid, but we can see here,   how some may just not do this.

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

Good Afternoon team!

Is it possible for eBay to reintroduce the option to mark items as Unpaid.

We receive a number of questions from members who have accidentally marked an item paid, maybe an easy mistake to make on the app, a device I don't use, and cannot then mark as unpaid,  as indeed there has been no payment.

I believe the answer presently ,  is to ask the buyer to mark as unpaid, but we can see here,   how some may just not do this.

Hi tressygirl, thanks for your post.

We've passed on this feedback with the designated team, as this could be helpful for sellers. However, we don't have any updates on this as of yet. Hopefully, this will be taken into consideration for future updates.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

@darth_baggins wrote:

Regarding this announcement today

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Announcements/Introducing-a-cheaper-way-to-return-items-that-weigh-l...

eBay are 'excited' to announce a ten pence reduction in returns for items that weigh less than 1kg.

Is this a joke? When I saw the headline I thought eBay had finally seen sense and introduced a large letter return rate.

Why would I be excited to pay £3.29 for a return instead of £3.39, when if I handle it myself it would cost me less than half this amount?

Question is - when will eBay give us a large letter return lable option?

Hi @darth_baggins 

Thanks for the feedback.

Ive asked the shipping team about the large letter option. As soon they come back to me with an answer I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

It happens on all transactions

Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

Thank you.  marco@ebay 

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

Question number 2 !

May I politely ask the following.

If an item sent to the Authenticity dept, and fails,  and buyer is informed the item is sent back to the seller,  is the buyer immediately refunded, is this automatic ?

Or, does the buyer need to open a case for item not received.

Buyers receive information that the item is being returned to the seller,  but what happens next.

Thanks.
Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

@jackskia123 wrote:

It happens on all transactions

Thanks for your reply, jackskia123

I will look into it for you, and as soon as I get an update on this for you, I will post back here to let you know.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

Many thanks 👍

Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

Question number 2 !

May I politely ask the following.

If an item sent to the Authenticity dept, and fails,  and buyer is informed the item is sent back to the seller,  is the buyer immediately refunded, is this automatic ?

Or, does the buyer need to open a case for item not received.

Buyers receive information that the item is being returned to the seller,  but what happens next.

Thanks.

Hi @tressygirl 

The buyer will usually receive a mail letting them know there was an issue with the item and the refund will automatically be processed. The buyer will not need to take any action.

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Hi 

There have been a lot of complaints from buyers saying they are getting ebay reminders to leave feedback,and these reminders arrive prior to items having arrived in some cases.

If feedback is voluntary why are ebay bombarding buyers with FB request notifications.

Are they really necessary?

Thank you

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

Excellent that's what I needed to be confirmed.

Thank you, dave@ebay 

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

Hey Ebay is sick! 

My total slay question is, where to I purch the merch?  As I have "murch" merch to purch!!

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 08.46.14.png

Can you tell me why ebay deem it necessary to dumb down the English language in the written format with adverts like the above? Firstly that sentence makes no sense, it is not gramatically correct. Why do ebay insist on using these etymons and slang? How is that going to help educate the younger generations with reading and writing skills when this sort of thing appears? Surely it can't take much to add the correct additional syllables to the words? 

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

@plum993 wrote:

Hi 

There have been a lot of complaints from buyers saying they are getting ebay reminders to leave feedback,and these reminders arrive prior to items having arrived in some cases.

If feedback is voluntary why are ebay bombarding buyers with FB request notifications.

Are they really necessary?

Thank you

Hi plum993, thanks for your post.

Yes, feedback is optional. However, we encourage users to leave feedback. These emails are prompted when feedback is basically the next stage in the transaction, the buyer can then go back to these email if they wish to leave feedback when they are ready.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

Each time I log onto the ebay website I get a new page appearing relating to Passkeys. I click on 'skip for now' but how can I stop this page appearing on each log in as I have no interest in signing up. Thank you.

Sign in faster with passkeys

Never forget your password again

Sign in fast with your face, fingerprint or PIN.

Next-generation security

Buy or sell without fear of stolen passkeys.

Syncs across your devices

Easy sign-in from your password manager.

Add a passkey
Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

@tommystrezures wrote:

Hey Ebay is sick! 

My total slay question is, where to I purch the merch?  As I have "murch" merch to purch!!

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 08.46.14.png

Can you tell me why ebay deem it necessary to dumb down the English language in the written format with adverts like the above? Firstly that sentence makes no sense, it is not gramatically correct. Why do ebay insist on using these etymons and slang? How is that going to help educate the younger generations with reading and writing skills when this sort of thing appears? Surely it can't take much to add the correct additional syllables to the words? 

Hi @tommystrezures,

eBay is a global company and use some language that would work in multiple markets.

Merch is a universal slang term and is used across ecommerce in both the UK and overseas.

This is a branding decision that fits to the market norms. 

Thanks,

Katie 

eBay
Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

Thanks Marco

Shame the  bots are over zealous with it 😉

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.