Defective car parts that the seller won't take back and is ignoring me.

Hi, I bought two front wheel bearings from a seller that lasted two weeks, I was in hospital for some of that time and the vehicle only covered less than fifty miles. I contacted the seller and I got the Sh-peel that your business is very important to us then they dragged the process out to my mind to get buy the money back guarantee period, I did everything they asked me for, pictures which I thought was strange as they where noisy so what will a picture show but I did take video and informed them of that then the requests got stranger as they asked me to send them proof that I was a qualified mechanic which I did as I am a mechanic, mechanical engineer and electric vehicle technician with over 30 years experience but after all of that they denied my refund saying I hadn't proved the bearings where faulty and now they are ignoring me. I contacted customer support through the chat and all I got back was I'm not eligible for the money-back guarantee. So I was wondering if there is anything I can do, I work long hours so I am not able to mess about trying to get help from customer services I am not even sure if there is actual people in that department anymore as I can't find a telephone number to call or get a call back from so please can anyone help. Thank you so much. John.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

There is nothing you can do through eBay,  if the seller fobbed you off with excuses and made you run out of time to claim for a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy.

You would need to turn to your payment provider now,  for help with your refund.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thank you very much for the response I did think that. I am contacting Paypal now because looking at the seller's feedback it isn't the first time they have done this.

Ebay is well turning into another faceless contactless company and all it is nowadays is ripoff sellers, It is time for a new place to buy things, back to the high street for me I think.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Yes,  turn to PayPal now , and remember that after 2 days if the seller doesn't refund,  you then need to escalate the case.

@angel74angel 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got motors related questions? Start here: