With Christmas fast approaching

Have you received loads of Christmas cards or are you sending fewer? I have noticed a considerable drop in the number we receive which is sad, I know as one gets older a lot of your friends die and that there will be a natural decline however I wonder how it must feel if you live alone and don’t see or hear from anyone at a time like Christmas what it makes you feel like?
Is it no longer relevant to send cards or are we just becoming too mean?
Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

Re: With Christmas fast approaching

Make it a big dram upthecreek as I cannot have one so put mine in your glass as well  wink

Message 21 of 23
See Most Recent

Message 22 of 23
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to love sending cards out, but over the years many people stopped because of the costs of the stamps. Me too. You can pick up nice enough cards for not so much money though, but it can become costly if you have a lot of friends and family, especially abroad as well. I still give about 15 cards out to neighbours. Everyone else does get an email. Not great, but sign of the times.

I do love Xmas though and for me it has nothing to do with religion. I love decorating my house. I just love the whole atmosphere. Everything green, red and gold, little lights, the tree, garlands, the open fire roaring, candles everywhere. What is there not to like. Smiley Happy This year we'll just do a small buffet. Lots of nice cheeses, pate, dips, some salads, pigs in blankets, smoked salmon, prawns, a bit of gamon, some fruit, etc.

I'm no lover of a Xmas dinner, nor making it. So I'm glad no one was interested this year. We have cut down on presents. Just a few small things for the girls only.

It's just the 5 of us this year, so nice and quiet.

Message 23 of 23
See Most Recent