Why are sellers allowed to list items for a low price that does not match item price

Hi

Why can sellers list an item for a low price which shows up on Ebay's "People who viewed this item also viewed" search results.

You see a XXL Dog bed priced below all the others but when you clickthe item that price is only for a small bed the XXL is much higher.

Another con is listings for items eg slippers that are say £4.99 but that is always out of stock and the rest are £9.99

This is just a co to get you on their other items and what annoys me most is they are usually sponsered listings.

Does Ebay allow this because they are getting paid extra for the listings?

Andy

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Why are sellers allowed to list items for a low price that does not match item price

Smiley Happyyes

Petal
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

I'd say yes too.

Another thing eBay tend to allow is China business seller's listing  thousands of items which state UK on the location info but you scroll down the listing and find their business address in China xxx that imho is far more annoying xxxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

I totally agree whith the problems with sellers from China.

Rather than opt in for UK only listings we should have to choose for the choice to view non UK sellers

Some items like phones seem a bargain until you find UK firms like Samsung will not repair them so the have to be returned to China at your cost for repair.

Another moan, how can they post from China at next to no postage and no tracking yet we pay a hell of a lot for postage and tracking in the UK?

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent