WOW!!! ... OMG!!!! and anything else you want to add/

A woman has died in a head-on collision on a US highway just seconds after she posted selfies and updated her status on Facebook, police have said.

At 8.33am on Thursday a post appeared on 32-year-old Courtney Sanford’s Facebook timeline which read: “The happy song makes me so HAPPY.” At 8.34am police were called to reports of a crash.

Officers said Ms Sanford was alone in her car when it crossed the central reservation, crashed into a recycling truck and burst into flames, forcing the other vehicle off the road.

She was on her way to work along Interstate 85 in North Carolina at the time, and police said they found no evidence that drink, drugs or speed were factors in the collision.

The link to Facebook only emerged this weekend after friends of Ms Sanford came forward to tell police that a number of her posts online appeared to come from a similar time to the incident itself.

High Point Police Department spokesperson Lt Chris Weisner told the WGHP TV station that the crash was a real-life public service advert “showing what happens when you text and drive”.

Lt Weisner said that as well as the status update seconds before the crash, evidence from Ms Sanford’s social media profiles showed she had also been taking pictures of herself while on the highway.

“In a matter of seconds, a life was over just so she could notify some friends that she was happy. It’s really not worth it,” he said.

“As sad as it is, it is also a grim reminder for everyone… you just have to pay attention while you are in the car.”

Police said that the truck was being driven by 73-year-old John Wallace Thompson, who walked away unharmed.

Another Facebook-related thread but not a very happy one, I'm afraid. I imagine this tragic accident could have happened to anybody. Anybody who was uploading pictures to a social media site on their phone whilst driving a motor vehicle, at any rate.

In any event I'm glad the driver of the oncoming vehicle was unharmed.

Link to the original story.

http://tinyurl.com/pumn3fc

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

I'll add this...

STUPID IDIOTIC WOMAN!!!....

Just pleased she didn't kill any innocent people while carrying out her act of gross negligence...

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Distressingly you can have that as headline news in every paper in the country and it wouldn't make a hap'eth of difference.  It could never happen to them.  I've seen somebody combing their hair on the outside lane of a motorway before now, looking in the mirror!

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Ohh this is Horrible,,,Woman Sad

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

The UK has its fair share of **bleep** drivers too...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-27196621

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Some people cannot live for a second without their precious smart phones in their hand. Well now that clown has no choice. My sympathies lie with the recycling truck she slammed into.

Mister EMB

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent