The Roman Catholic church - strange events today

So on the one Hand, they are Elevating one of the greatest men of the 20th Century

Good Pope (il Papa buono) John XXIII (a man of the 60s, years before 'The Summer of Love')

The Great Man who just about single-handily, dragged the RC church into the 20th century  with His Vatican II council and it's changes.

And Pope John Paul II , who with an iron fist just about battered it all the way back again.

It is evident that the New Pope Francis  disagrees with a lot of the backwards measures brought in by JP II , so He agreed to His populace canonisation, but let his own views be known by Elevating John XXIII at the same time

as I said - strange events

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

McPope.jpg

Maybe He's a fence sitter and trying to keep everyone happy?

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

How can anyone make you a saint.. its a load of **bleep**.. 

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

lol. I love the bag of chips on his head but aren't they rather large for M, lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

@tommy.irene wrote:

How can anyone make you a saint.. its a load of **bleep**.. 

I agree Tommy. It makes an absolute mockery of those of us who are just born that way, eh?

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

@saasher2012 wrote:
lol. I love the bag of chips on his head but aren't they rather large for M, lol.

Upsizing

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Isn't the Roman Catholic church a bit like the Civil Service?

Stay in it long enough, rise high enough and you automatically get a gong.

@bankhaunter wrote:

Isn't the Roman Catholic church a bit like the Civil Service?

Stay in it long enough, rise high enough and you automatically get a gong.

Or a young boy to train.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

nota Roman Caholic but I think Pope John Paul The 2nd did a great job in bringing the Roman Catholics back into peoples sights and he got alot more people back to faith.

I wish other religeons could get more people to them.

The Methodists where I live closed a lot of chapels and left their congregations to find somewheree to go.

I and a lot of people where I live had no where else to go. Most of the congregations were/are old and me disabled had nowhere else to go.

Yes I could have gone to a Free Methodist church/chapel but unfortunately I didnt like the way they were preaching and also my scooter wouldnt have made it to the place where they held services.

I have thought of going to the Sally Army but again for me to get into their building is hard and they have their services in the afternoon.

Saying that I have made good freinds with several sally army people as they play out in the market  on a wednesday and I ALWAYS go to listen to them and they have named me as their No 1 fan which I think is great.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

You say you don't like the way the Methodists preach?  As a born-again Christian I was bapitsed into the Methodist church shortly after my conversion in 2003 and found the love and comanionship very much in evidence as opposed to the cold "you're just a number" attitude in other church establishments.   They opened their arms wide and to me, right on the edge of having a nervous brakdown, it was all I needed.  God had guided me to a church of HISchoice. 

I found one of the big plus points is the way in which we conduct ourselves during the service.  Enter any Methodist establishment and all you are likely to find is a plain wooden cross by the altar.  The preacher leading the service will just be a normal man dressed in a shirt and tie and be talking of everyday matters and how our Saviour would wish us to carry ourselves instead of being bedecked in robes and fine linen with a proliferation of gold crosses, gold eagles, stained glass windows et al as in the Catholic Church.  That might work for some people, but it certainly doesn't work for me.  All it does is create a them and us attitude.

Thus said no church is "perfect" including ours.  The Methodist Church has changed but is still the church of my choice.  We have about eight different churches of all denominations in Sittingbourne.  When I started off I had no idea which one to "belong" to.  That is why I sought guidance from above.  Had God decreed I was to become a Catholic, the so be it  As a card carrying member, the only area in which they could improve is by extending the hand of friendship beyond that of those in their immediate circle.  They will happily talk to me, but leave others I am with on their own.  That is something which I wish I could change.

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

LOL!

**********Sam**********
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

@tommy.irene wrote:

"No one stones anyone, until I blow this whistle".

Mister EMB

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Why is it that it only seems to be lapsed Catholics that appear to have guilt feelings in later life and not those that belonged to any other denominations?

LOVE it!  Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent