Shall I explain what really gets on my doofers?

Fly tippers, rubbish dumpers, litter louts and the like.

What annoys me is the programmes on TV that show how the councils pay about  £40,000,000 per year to clear up after them. The really annoying bit is that we have Laws in place that allow Judges to hand down either  £2,000 to £50,000 fines. Anything from  a week to 5 years in prison and all this court time, Judges fees, legal aid etc is wasted because the case is dropped. They are bound to be found guilty because it's all on film.

WHY????

Hand out a few hefty fines etc and see the activities drop.

The Laws are in place. We just need to use them.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Agreed--and add cyclists who ride on the pavement--mobile phone users who text while wandering aimlessly  along and then--top of my list-- the pavement cyclists who manage to use mobile phones and spit copiously at same time !!

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

People = Problems...........................No People = No Problems.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Agreed stevie, but it is easier said than done, you have to catch them in the act or on video etc, you do have to have a certain amount of proof, and the ones that really need to be caught get very sneaky.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

lol,

Seem to have not read your post correctly, sorry stevie. But I do make a point. lol xxx

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Regarding litter in any form, I cannot ever recall seeing anything relating to fines on the local TV news, hearing about it on the radio, or reading about it in the local papers. Not that there isn't any shortage of the stuff.

Far from fining litter louts and fly tippers, I'd like to see them Hung, Drawn, and Quartered.

Mister EMB

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-29949175

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Littering is being taken seriously in Swansea - 267 fines in first 3 weeks of a clampdown in September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-24533569

Good for them.  We could do with that where I live.  I see boys dropping takeaway boxes on the pavement just 5 metres away from a litter bin - lazy sods.  We had plenty of litter bins around a nice green area but the yobs set fire to them.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Yesterday I saw somone wind down their car window and throw a wrapper out, made my blood boil. **bleep** sensless and loutish behaviour!

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

@suzieseaside wrote:

Good for them.  We could do with that where I live.  I see boys dropping takeaway boxes on the pavement just 5 metres away from a litter bin - lazy sods.  We had plenty of litter bins around a nice green area but the yobs set fire to them.

An hour ago I was sitting in a cafè, and looking out of the window. Directly opposite there was a bench. At the end of the bench there was a litter bin. Two yobs were occupying the seat, and one pea brain threw his empty take-away carton on the ground. There wasn't any need for him to get up off his lazy backside, because the litter bin was placed directly at arms length. An old lady passing said something to him. He bent down, picked up his detritus, and placed it in the bin. Don't know what the old dear said to him, but it obviously worked. It's a pity when someone has to be told how to keep the streets tidy, especially with a receptacle nearby clearly marked LITTER.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, because I suppose there's every chance he couldn't read. *removes tongue from cheek*

Mister EMB

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

@suzieseaside wrote:

An hour ago I was sitting in a cafè, and looking out of the window. Directly opposite there was a bench. At the end of the bench there was a litter bin. Two yobs were occupying the seat, and one pea brain threw his empty take-away carton on the ground. There wasn't any need for him to get up off his lazy backside, because the litter bin was placed directly at arms length. An old lady passing said something to him. He bent down, picked up his detritus, and placed it in the bin. Don't know what the old dear said to him, but it obviously worked. It's a pity when someone has to be told how to keep the streets tidy, especially with a receptacle nearby clearly marked LITTER.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, because I suppose there's every chance he couldn't read. *removes tongue from cheek*

It's not that they needed to be told how to keep the streets tidy; they needed to be told how to behave properly! I'd suggest lazyness wasn't the reason for him throwing it on the floor, more likely obstinance!

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

It's not that they needed to be told how to keep the streets tidy; they needed to be told how to behave properly! I'd suggest lazyness wasn't the reason for him throwing it on the floor, more likely obstinance!

I suspect it was just thoughtlessness, they did really know they should have used the bin.

The ones that don't know that are the ones who, when you point the rubbish should be put in a bin, simply give a slightly puzzled blank look, you realise they have no concept of keeping their environment tidy and so have no idea what you are on about.