1914 - 2014

B0NS5xIIAAA9-Nu.jpg

B11BfVLIYAEZZ7o.jpg large.jpg

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

Remembrance Day

Hi Al

Good post!..............Yes we must never forget.

Millions lost their lives and millions more had their lives ruined by wounds, both bodily and mentally, in serving their country. Including the Falklands, and sadly most recently, those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.....Two campaigns which in my opinion,we should never have got involved in, and as most of us suspected, would solve nothing but would result in the loss of many, many, young lives, and my thoughts are with their families on this day of sadness.

I am just waiting for my transport up to London to take part in the remembrance parade as I do every year, and tomorrow morning I am catching an early train and driving on to Ypres for the 100 year commemorative ceremony at the Menin Gate on Tuesday.

Hope you and your family are all well Al 🙂

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

photo remembrance.jpg
Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

All we have of freedom, all we use or know -
This our fathers bought for us long and long ago.

Kipling.
Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

00000000000000000.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

00000....jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

554132_494862590534612_2065892785_n.jpg

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

remembrance-day.jpg

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

Lovely sentiments everybody we are off to pay our respects soon.
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

Not everyone can go to London , but even in this small town in Nottinghamshire there is a quiet reverence even now veterens are gathering to honour their lost comrades, the care & respect given to them by Young & the not so young is palpable, long may it continue!.
Not just for those who fought for our freedom in the past but for those still doing so.

11. 11. 11.

That hour has come
As has that day
The Sunday's Awe

The Dead are still dead
The fighting carries on
The dying continue die

Sacrifice
Brotherhood
Death

Till next year then
11. 11. 11.
At 11.
James Love.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

A thoughtful reply Geo1pat1. I will be watching the ceremony at the Cenotaph on TV, but my husband and daughter will also be at the Menin Gate on Tuesday, to remember his family member who gave his life in WW1. We must remember them.
Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

1395810_178798892321650_779974878_n.jpg

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

00000000000000000,,,.jpg

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

000000000000000000...jpg

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

Truly a time in History to remember and one of the main reasons, was because people from all walks of life and all different backgrounds; were thrust together in adversity and fought and died as one...........as Brothers.

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

11am today plaease put what you are doing

Lone_soldier_poppies_composite_LR.jpg

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

I am going into town today so I will pay my respects at the memorial.
Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

Remembrance Day

Today being the 11th of November,

I will remember and salute two of my comrades who lost their lives in a bomb blast in Northern Ireland ....R.I.P to you both.

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent