Question for the clever burgers

Hi ttere,

Simple one really.

I;m looking to buy some audio books on CD for late night reading.

I've got a 7" E book reader that will do the trick but these CD's come as either "Abridged" or "Un-abridged" and, to be honest, I don't know what they mean.

It looks as though the un-abridged ones contain the full story whereas the unabridged ones have bits and bobs knocked out of the story,

Is that the general idea or is there some other explanation.

Thanks, Guys

Stevie.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Yes - unabridged is the whole book as written.

Abriged is a book which has most of the plot but with some parts which are felt could be left out without detracting too much from the whole work in order to keep it shorter.

Soime people prefer an abridged version, especially if it's a lenghty tome.

Personally, I prefer the original, unabridged, spoken as it was intended to be read.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Me too. That's why I'll get the uabridged version. Even though they may cover the whole of 16 CD's.

It'll keep me quiet anyway.

Many thanks for the info.

Stevie.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

That is quite a bit.

The most I've had for an audio book from the library has been 12 CDs.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent