Question about Flying

I am in my mid 60s and have never flown in an aeroplane.

I have been in a hot air balloon and a 5 minute pleasure flight in a helicopter

I thought it would be a good idea for me and my friend to go from Bristol to Glasgow by air for a day trip

But looking on a website, it states that all passengers, even on domestic flights must produce photo id.

No problem for me, as I have a photo driving licence, but my friend has no passport or driving licence.

Anyone any idea why they should want this, when, if travelling by train or coach, we can simply buy a ticket and go.

I have trawled the website, but no reason is given.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Question about Flying

@mustard-tree wrote:

I am in my mid 60s and have never flown in an aeroplane.

I have been in a hot air balloon and a 5 minute pleasure flight in a helicopter

I thought it would be a good idea for me and my friend to go from Bristol to Glasgow by air for a day trip

But looking on a website, it states that all passengers, even on domestic flights must produce photo id.

No problem for me, as I have a photo driving licence, but my friend has no passport or driving licence.

Anyone any idea why they should want this, when, if travelling by train or coach, we can simply buy a ticket and go.

I have trawled the website, but no reason is given.

Is it because Britain has been invaded by alien terrorists?

Message 21 of 25
See Most Recent

Should that not be in the singular?

Message 22 of 25
See Most Recent

Britain used to be singular, but now it's "multi-cultural" and "multi-ethnic", so you're probably right.

We are the world!  We are vibrant and like, embracing diversity,  If anyone believes that, they need their head examined.

Message 23 of 25
See Most Recent

Oh do shut up!

Who was it that said that?
Message 24 of 25
See Most Recent

Our country is being destroyed, and you say "oh do shut up".

Message 25 of 25
See Most Recent