LIVE and let LIVE

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/irish-vote-yes-for-gay-marriage-31246300.html

Irish voters have written themselves into the history books by voting for gay marriage rights with a near two to one majority.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

LIVE and let LIVE

I think this a good thing, but isn't it spoiled by the picture of an exultant "drag-queen"?

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

No problem with the result, I would have voted yes too. Hopefully there will still be some who prefer heterosexual relations and continue to provide budding new gay couples for generations to come.
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

@fallen-archie wrote:
No problem with the result, I would have voted yes too. Hopefully there will still be some who prefer heterosexual relations and continue to provide budding new gay couples for generations to come.

I was only put off by the picture of the "drag-queen".  Which seems to convey a false image of homosexual people. 

We are mostly quite normal,  except for what we do in private.  

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

Is that Normal as defined by the urban dictionary?

A word made up by this corrupt society so they could single out and attack those who are different
Normal is nothing but a word made up by society

Or the Oxford English Dictionary?

conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

Archie, I don't quite see what your post means - can you clarify please?

The point I was trying to make is this - male homosexuals are not all flouncing "drag-queens" as the picture seems to suggest

I love my boyfriend, but we're quite normal in everyday life. I mean we don't go around in the street wearing lipstick and women's clothes.

We just do things, which please us in private.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

You stated that you were quite Normal and I asked, purely for clarification, what your definition of normal is. That is because as one gets older the things instilled upon you in your formative years may no longer hold true. But be assured It is not an issue, as the OP said Live and let Live.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

Thanks Archie, you ask a profound question.

There is no real definition of "Normal", in an absolute sense.

As you say, as one gets older, some things may no longer hold true.  And that applies to society.

In the society of 1965,  if a man got into bed with another man, and they made love, that was a criminal act.

Whereas in 2015, it's a criminal act,  to try to stop them doing it.  

The relativity of time and law.....

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent result. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Dublin-Archbishop-says-Catholic-Church-needs-reality-check-after-ga...

//The Catholic Church in Ireland needs a reality check, the Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin has stated after the huge Irish vote in favor of gay marriage. Speaking to Irish broadcaster RTE after the 'Yes' vote was confirmed on Saturday, Martin, who lobbied against the equality referendum, said the church will have to improve its outreach to voters who made history on Saturday with their support of marriage equality.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

The Irish Catholic God- botherers need to get their act together in other far reaching areas before they try to interfier in other areas.

I mean, surely better for 2 adults with consenting feelings than for one 70 year old priest and a 6 year old boy

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/The-Westboro-Baptist-Church-gets-Irelands-flag-wrong-in-hate-filled...

.....The Westboro Baptist Church, a group known for picketing the funerals of dead American soldiers, took to Twitter to express its condemnation of Ireland’s same sex marriage referendum. The group tweeted “God Hates Ireland” against a background of what is presumably supposed to be the Irish flag, but they seem to have gotten confused about the order and orientation of the flag’s colors.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

MI+God+Hates+Ireland+Westboro+Baptists+Gay+vote+Equality.jpg

he Westboro Baptist Church, a group known for picketing the funerals of dead American soldiers, took to Twitter to express its condemnation of Ireland’s same sex marriage referendum.

The group tweeted “God Hates Ireland” against a background of what is presumably supposed to be the Irish flag, but they seem to have gotten confused about the order and orientation of the flag’s colors.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

http://www.u.tv/News/2015/05/27/Vatican-Marriage-referendum-marks-a-defeat-for-humanity-37992

A senior cardinal in the Vatican has labelled Ireland’s decision to vote overwhelmingly in favour of same-sex marriage “a defeat for humanity”. Archbishop Pietro Parolin (C), the Vatican's new Secretary of State, attends the Solemnity of Christ the King celebrated by Pope Francis in St. Peter's square on November 24, 2013 in Vatican City, Vatican. Cardinal Pietro Parolin made the comments to reporters in Rome. ©Franco Origlia/Getty Images Share Share 25+shares Story by Anita McSorley @Anita_UTV Cardinal Pietro Parolin, secretary of state for the Vatican, told reporters in Rome on Tuesday that he was deeply saddened by the vote. “This result left me feeling very sad but as the Archbishop of Dublin pointed out, the Church will have to take this reality on board in the sense of a renewed and strengthened evangelisation. “I believe we are talking here not about a defeat for Christian principles but also a defeat for humanity," he said. On Saturday, Ireland made history as the first country to legalise gay marriage by popular mandate. The referendum saw 62.1% of Irish people vote in favour of same-sex marriage with 37.9% voting against it. All but one of Ireland’s 43 constituencies backed the constitutional reform. Following the results, Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin said the Church must consider it a wake-up call. "It's clear that if the referendum is an affirmation of the views of young people the Church has a huge task in front of it,” Archbishop Diarmuid Martin told RTÉ. "I THINK REALLY THE CHURCH NEEDS TO DO A REALITY CHECK" Archbishop of Dublin, Diarmuid Martin "I ask myself, most of these young people who voted Yes are products of our Catholic school system for 12 years. I am saying there is a big challenge there to see how we get across the message of the Church," he said. He also said the result represents a social revolution which did not happen in one day. “I appreciate how gay and lesbian men and women feel on this day. That they feel this is something that is enriching the way they live. I think it is a social revolution. "It is a social revolution that has been going on - perhaps in the Church people have not been as clear in understanding what that involved,” he said. Some 3.86 million (84.2%) people in Ireland describe themselves as Catholic. © UTV Share Share More Churches Churches react to gay marriage vote Comments (0) B

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

LIVE and let LIVE

Isn't the problem with Catholic priests,  that they aren't allowed to get married.

This must cause a build-up of tension and sexual frustration. 

Surely this could be relieved by allowing them to marry a woman, or a fellow man?

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent