Is it just me?

Or does anyone else find the idea of six and eight year old children with transgender issues ridiculous? How can they even know what trangender issues are without parental or other outside intervention?

Discuss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32037397

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Is it just me?

It's a complicated (if not convoluted) subject and while it's easy to "blame" the parents I think you need spend some time doing reseach before criticising. You might care to check out the vagaries of the chromosome make up and see how that can affect gender and gender thoughts quite apart from the genetic differences that affect gender.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if it's caused by plastics. Bisphenol A (BPA)  is in all the plastics and contains synthetic estrogen. Plastic is in everything nowadays.

Testosterone levels in men have been dropping over the last 50 years.

Look it up.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

I remember reading years ago that one male-to-female transgender woman had an unusual chromosome result when it was tested - I think it was XXXYY.   Since then I have thought it possible that others in her situation might have similar chromosomes.  We are very complicated creatures and in our early development things don't always go as planned.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

Are you sure you've got that chromosome make up right? 49XXXYY often includes severe mental problems?

The thing is with "extra" chromosomes, the extra ones often don't appear in all the cells of the body causing differing "defects".

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if it's caused by plastics. Bisphenol A (BPA)  is in all the plastics and contains synthetic estrogen. Plastic is in everything nowadays.

Testosterone levels in men have been dropping over the last 50 years.

Look it up.

You could be right.  The ubiquitous plastic-wrapping of foods, is leaching undesirable toxic products into us

Isn't this a kind of reprise of what happened to the Romans?

Their Roman  Empire was magnificent.  They built huge stone aquaducts, to supply running running water to every citizen.  Unfortunately, this water came out through lead-pipes, at the point of delivery.

Citizens thus had their brains weakened by the lead-input.. With the results that we all know, the Decline and Fall of the Empire.

I mean, do we learn from history, or we doomed to repeat it?

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Malac, We are doomed as long as we leave it up to others to decide what is good for us.

When it comes to health issues I do an awful lot of research, so I can decide for myself what I want to put into my body.

Sadly we can't escape the world we live in, but we can use our brains a bit more and question things more.

Most of us are sheep though and just follow what the powers to be want us to follow.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

I never question the Authenticity of Maccas posts however his latest one begs the question of why the use of lead pipes for carrying water continued well into the 20th century.
As for the RomanEmpires Decline Imquite sure lead played Aomori role.
Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea, maybe it took them a long time to find out that it wasn't too good for our health.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

Right up until the end of the 19th century tomatoes were thought to be poisonous. They were a favoured delicacy of the aristocracy and upper classes who used a lot of pewter plates. The acid in the tomatoes caused the lead content of the pewter to leach out and give them lead poisoning.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

Pewter was mostly Tin and even in the poorer quality Pewter items there wasn't much Lead in it.

Live long and prosper.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Is it just me?

Best quality pewter had no lead at all, it was mostly tin plus around 1% copper. Poorer qualities varied between 4% and 15% lead content, items produced with such a high content weren't supposed to be used for food but they often were as they were cheaper to produce. All three were used until the end of the 19thC.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent