I Agree to this..

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/imf-data-shows-icelands-economy-recovered-after-it...

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

I Agree to this..

IMF data shows Iceland's economy recovered after it imprisoned bankers and let banks go bust - instead of bailing them out

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

Too right, agee as well,then add a little stop expense accounts for mp's and jobs for life in civil service, bang them all on zero hour like the rest of us . OR just get on with the EU superbank that has all the money and let ''THE ONE'' decise who eats and who doesn't....but thats after the referendum which will see britain the only country with laws added to all those nobody in general wanted in the first place but still in the EU banking begging business (regardless of how you vote) .

No facts but I havent been wrong yet and to stick another bet on the Tories will win the next 3 elections as well and only swap in 2031 when boris will get PM job for 4 months (gordy brown and jonny major style ...then we will return to a full ruling monarchy under Wills and Kate.

Just call me nostro 🙂

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

Hello

"Why should we have a part of our society that is not being policed or without responsibility?" said special prosecutor Olafur Hauksson at the time. "It is dangerous that someone is too big to investigate - it gives a sense there is a safe haven."

What a difference this would/will make if this was the case in the EU/USA

Recovery 'without compromising on welfare model'

This year the International Monetary Fund declared that Iceland had achieved economic recovery 'without compromising its welfare model' of universal healthcare and education.

Other measures of progress like the country’s unemployment rate, compare just as well with countries like the US

Rather than maintaining the value of the krona artificially, Iceland chose to accept inflation.

Says it all really ! Why punish the people rather that the one in Power that in the first place seems to have or have created the problem for all in the first place Woman Frustrated

Then introduce punishing ways such as:

• zero hours/not taking the rich /tax evasions from the super rich/ let the poor get even poorer & the rich richer beyond belief
  • cut all the important services/cut benefits to the one that needs it more
  • pay nothing to the young & then ask them to find a job when there seems to be no jobs or jobs that pays hardly nothing with no hope of succeeding  & the list goes on

Iceland's unemployment rate compares well

This pushed prices higher at home but helped exports abroad – in contrast to many countries in the EU, which are now fighting deflation, or prices that keep decreasing year on year.

This year, Iceland will become the first European country that hit crisis in 2008 to beat its pre-crisis peak of economic output.

With the reduction of capital controls – tempered by the 39 per cent tax – it continues to make progress.

"Today is a milestone, a very happy milestone," Iceland’s finance minister Bjarni Benediktsson told the Guardian when he announced the tax

Great for them for finding a way to deal with the problem & indeed jailing the culprit & taking chances in the right direction

If they can do it why not other Countries is the question for me really Woman Wink

Great read indeed Woman Happy

ADVERTISING
Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

Let's hope Spain is the next to default, then come back and let us know how it's going?
Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

Lets hope spain arrest their bankers too 🙂 

and lets hope they dont default ,think of all the santander customers here there and everywhere

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

You cannot have a banking system without strict safeguards. Iceland has a similar population to Coventry and is not an example to hold up. The SNP have convinced loads of Scots that they too can default, abandon pay as you go liquidate the economy and give everyone a one off windfall.
It's a bit like claiming compensation, free money which grows on trees! Enormously popular North of the border because they also think the rest of the UK will be liquidated and given to them. I call it the economics of Robert Mugabe.
Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33067655

Shame Geordie can't join in?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

I could ask him for his views if you wish, But they are fairly consistent would you not agree?

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

About time this country grew a set and started jailing some bankers.You've had banks rigging rates,HSBC laundering Mexican cartels drug money,Lloyds denying customers compensation over the PPI misselling,what happens? the banks get a fine and the shareholders end up stumping up,the only thing that will bring them to heel is to jail them,we get apology after apology.......until the next time

We are many,They are few
Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

Hello

The Bilderberg meeting, an annual gathering of some of the most powerful and influential figures in the world, starts on Thursday. But who's on this year's guest list?

• Critics call it a sinister conspiracy, reinforcing without accountability the dominance of a transatlantic capitalist cabal. Those involved say it's merely an informal way to understand better the way the world works and to share their expertise to improve it. Woman LOL = in that case how come half of the world is starving/draught/homelessness/wars/inflation & people are struggling in the West & the list goes on
  • Whatever one's view, an invitation to the four-day Bilderberg meeting is a sign that someone has arrived as a politician, business leader, administrator or opinion-influencer.

Says it all really !! Bunch of super rich dictating to the rest of us poor mere being Woman Frustrated They do not "give a monkey" that is for sure as they live in their super big bubble miles away form the reality like eBay lalalaland it seems where sellers are truly struggling to make a living & being punished for it it seems (draconian defect system for example ) or am I missing something  Woman Wink

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

All I wanted was a home
And a roof over our heads;
Somewhere we could call our own
Feel safer in our beds.

There was a storm of money raining down,
It only touched the ground
With a loan I took I can't repay
And the crock of gold you found

Chorus:

At every trough you stopped to feed 
With your Arrogance, your Ignorance and Greed.

I never was a cautious man,
I spend more than I'm paid. 
But those with something put aside 
Are the ones that you betrayed.

With your bonuses and expenses
You shoveled down your throat,
Now you bled the hand that fed you
Dear God I hope you choke!

Chorus:

You're on your yacht, we're on our knees,
Through your Arrogance, your Ignorance and Greed.

Toxic springs you tapped and sold,
You poisoned every watering hole,
Your probity, 
you exchanged for Gold

The working man stands in line,
The market sets his price,
No feather bed, no golden egg,
No one pays him twice.

So where’s your thrift? And your caution?
Your honest sound advice?
You know you've dealt yourself a winning hand
And loaded at every dice.

Chorus:

I pray one day we'll soon be free
From your absolute indifference,
Your avarice, incompetence,
Your Arrogance, your Ignorance and your Greed.

We are many,They are few
Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3119131/Bank-England-chief-Mark-Carney-urges-ten-year-jail-t...

..Bank chief declares war on City cowboys: Carney urges ten year jail terms and vows, 'the age of irresponsibility is over' Bank of England chief Mark Carney launched crackdown on rouge traders Plans to extend maximum prison sentence for those guilty of market abuse More businesses, including hedge funds, will be subject to the new rules.

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

about time too ,Will be some spooked itchy feet in the greed sector ...sorry I mean 'Investment for you centre'

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

@joamur_gosof wrote:

about time too ,Will be some spooked itchy feet in the greed sector ...sorry I mean 'Investment for you centre'

Ha.ha I cant see it Happing to the Tory Bankers..

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

Perhaps the Mail got it wrong.

Their sub-heading says

Bank of England chief Mark Carney launched crackdown on rouge traders

There must be some dirty dealings in the cosmetics market Smiley Happy

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

Damn, no bankers in prison then 😞

Oh well it's very sunny again ,hurray 🙂

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

@suzieseaside wrote:

Perhaps the Mail got it wrong.

Their sub-heading says

Bank of England chief Mark Carney launched crackdown on rouge traders

There must be some dirty dealings in the cosmetics market Smiley Happy

Yes, the rouge traders were blatanty trying to paint over the unacceptable face of Capitalism. A vain effort!  Marxists see through it.

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

I Agree to this..

An Irishman in Canada says what most people in Ireland think http:/ / www. youtube. com/ watch? v= koY6kXhQDQo&feature= player_embedded

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent