How many of you would take in a Refugee family

How many people on Ebay would take a refugee family into there own home? I wouldent..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 31
See Most Recent
30 REPLIES 30

Re: How many of you would take in a Refugee family

i-am-a legion-too

I know polish construction workers are not refugees. I did also say "other foreigners" .

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 21 of 31
See Most Recent

@**caution**opinion_ahead wrote:

I think the question is not so much would any of us offer a roof to a refugee family, it is would we feed and cloth them, pay for their children's eduation and health care, provide them with pensions down the line, leave an inheritance to pay for their children's adult lives, etc, etc.

It is not a short term thing.   

A roof now is easy peasy ... but it is just the beginning. 

I would say we are all in agreement that taking in refugees long-term is not going to solve the problem, Caution but some quick fixes may be what is needed now to try and stop this situation spiralling beyond a point of no return.

Message 22 of 31
See Most Recent

bookhunter

I'm not a racist, and I do have friends in all those catagories. Cliches perhaps, but true none the less. Perhaps I should have replaced the word "but" with "however" or something, but it would not have changed the meaning of what I was saying.

No matter anyway, because you clearly think I'm a liar, and have more or less called me such.

The only thing that matters to me here is that my son came home safely. If you want to think I sat here and made up that story - feel free, but there was no need to be nasty and hurtful.

Perhaps it's your own BS you can smell.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 23 of 31
See Most Recent

No, because i don't want to.
Message 24 of 31
See Most Recent

@023mjc wrote:

I'm not a racist

Yeah sure! The fact you posted: "I do think the refugees and most other foreigners who have come here lately are ungrateful and rude, and sometimes criminal" speaks for itself. 

Besides, when was the last time you heard a racist actually admit they were racist? You hear people say "I'm not racist but...*insert something racist here*". However, you never hear people say "I AM racist, but that Asian guy down the road is a cracking chap!".

And I shouldn't worry too much about your son. If he has the kahunas (or martial arts skills?) to chase and front-up to a gang of 5 tooled-up POLISH thugs all by himself, then perhaps he should apply for the job of Batman?

I am assuming you reported this alleged incident to the police?

Message 25 of 31
See Most Recent

@*.*..lola..*.* wrote:

I think the question is not so much would any of us offer a roof to a refugee family, it is would we feed and cloth them, pay for their children's eduation and health care, provide them with pensions down the line, leave an inheritance to pay for their children's adult lives, etc, etc.

I would say we are all in agreement that taking in refugees long-term is not going to solve the problem, Caution but some quick fixes may be what is needed now to try and stop this situation spiralling beyond a point of no return.

Well, call me a pessimist, but have we not reached the point of no return?  

The quick fixes tend to just shuffle the problem onwards.  Sending relief ships to the Med is a quick fix.  Reopening  main railway stations and relaxing border controls to allow onward travel  are quick fixes.   I'm not suggesting these things should not have been done ... but someone somewhere has to come up with a long term plan, not just for those currently on the move, but for those who are still in situ but thinking of fleeing.  People are dying because there is no unified plan.  

Message 26 of 31
See Most Recent

@*.*..lola..*.* wrote:

Well, call me a pessimist, but have we not reached the point of no return?  

The quick fixes tend to just shuffle the problem onwards.  Sending relief ships to the Med is a quick fix.  Reopening  main railway stations and relaxing border controls to allow onward travel  are quick fixes.   I'm not suggesting these things should not have been done ... but someone somewhere has to come up with a long term plan, not just for those currently on the move, but for those who are still in situ but thinking of fleeing.  People are dying because there is no unified plan.  

You're not being a pessimist at all, Caution unfortunately and I agree with every word you said.

No one has a flippin clue how to deal with this situation and that is the scariest thing of all.

Message 27 of 31
See Most Recent

Wow, you really are a nasty piece of work arn't you.  Just because peoples opinions don't agree with your own you become extremely rude and aggressive. And I should add childish.

You capitalised the word polish, as if I'd chosen the poles because I don't like them. I said they were polish because they were. They said so. If they had been french or german I would have said french or german. I wasn't picking on the poles for no reason.

Racism aside, what upset me the most in your first post was that you basically called me a liar and intimated that I made up that incident. I'm upset enough that it happened, but no doubt you are pleased with yourself that your cruel streak has upset me some more. Well done. Was it fun.

You've picked over the bones of every word I wrote and twisted them to mean something entirely different. Seems you were just looking for an argument.

And calling people Hitler sympathisers also speaks volumes.

If you choose to believe I am a liar, thats up to you. I shall not acknowledge you on this thread again.

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 28 of 31
See Most Recent

Hey, just a quick reminder to stay on topic Smiley Happy 

Please remember that on these boards, courteous and respectful postings are expected from all participants.

Thanks!

Message 29 of 31
See Most Recent

@023mjc wrote:

Wow, you really are a nasty piece of work arn't you.  Just because peoples opinions don't agree with your own you become extremely rude and aggressive. And I should add childish.

You capitalised the word polish, as if I'd chosen the poles because I don't like them. I said they were polish because they were. They said so. If they had been french or german I would have said french or german. I wasn't picking on the poles for no reason.

Racism aside, what upset me the most in your first post was that you basically called me a liar and intimated that I made up that incident. I'm upset enough that it happened, but no doubt you are pleased with yourself that your cruel streak has upset me some more. Well done. Was it fun.

You've picked over the bones of every word I wrote and twisted them to mean something entirely different. Seems you were just looking for an argument.

And calling people Hitler sympathisers also speaks volumes.

If you choose to believe I am a liar, thats up to you. I shall not acknowledge you on this thread again.

So, i'll ask again, did you contact the police or not about this alleged incident?  All you've provided is some questionable story that doesn't stack up, but conveniently fits your narrative. It's all very well playing the victim now, but when you make claims such as "most foreigners" being "ungrateful and rude" on a public forum, then someone is going to bite.

Message 30 of 31
See Most Recent

Hi everyone,

I'm locking this thread now, so that no further posts can be made. This is because it has turned into a thread just for personal attacks, which go against the Board Usage Policy.

Thanks.

Message 31 of 31
See Most Recent