Ebay making me bid against myself! How can this happen and how can I stop it happening again?

Recently I found I was bidding against myself and did not think this was fair!  Ie there were listed 3-bidders and I placed a bid for say £145.09 and ebay said this was the highest bid on screen which I must beat so I then placed another bid of say £150.07 and it then said this was the highest bid I must beat, and so forth.  I At the same time I had My iBidder engaged with a higher bid set but this did not make any difference...I wanted to flush out the actual highest bidder so I could set My iBidder to a figure that would win.  I complained to the ebay seller ad to ebay and asked to take all my bids out so I could see / find out the highest hidden bid before starting to bid again. This they did and it stopped this from happening but surely it should not have happened in the first place...?

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Ebay making me bid against myself! How can this happen and how can I stop it happening again?

Smiley FrustratedOh Dear.When You Place A Bid Of Say £100

And Ebay Say Its £100 Thats What The Next Bidder Must Beat

Not YouSmiley Happy

Petal
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you think you can flush out the highest bidder?

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Smiley Happythoght you were on hols

Petal
Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet, I fly in a couple of hours. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

qMXEeugS1bfrd5kEH8Xq.gif have a nice time

Petal
Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Some people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a computer. *trying not to laugh*

Mister EMB

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Have I had it wrong all these years?

I thought it was against the rules to bid on your own auctions.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent