Dog Mess

Hi, hope someone can give me some advice, a man has putting dogs mess in mothers recycle bin, he has also been seen putting it in the neighbours bin too. The police are not interested, what can she do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Dog Mess

Contact the enviroment department of the local council?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Hi Cee-dee, thanks for your quick reply, mums quite upset, she nearly 70 and lives on her own, and is worried.  I will emial the enviro health for her now, thanks so much.

Em

Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also send a strongly worded letter to the police thanking them for their concern.

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Options:|

A Thank him but point him to the proper bin

B have a word with dog warden or one of them pretend police

C  A word with the Council

(on a lighter note) there,s a dog around here and the only difference in his poo from a human is the tiolet paper

Petal
Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Thanks for your replies, yes pete12340191, I was surprised they police didn't want to know, bet if I did it I would get done!, and thanks petal for the advice and UUURRRGGGHHHH!!! to the last bit

Em

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi o/p if you wish just call me pete,

Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

10phizz
Conversationalist

Openly take a photograph of him putting it in the bin..........That  could stop him if you also say you will be reporting him.

Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

(on a lighter note) there,s a dog around here and the only difference in his poo from a human is the tiolet paper

Why, what sort of paper does it use?????:O

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

:^O i ment it was same size as human but papers missing:-D

Petal
Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Hi ..

If it is wrapped up in a plastic bag, I don't see a problem, unless the bin is on your Mum's property, .. That would be trespass.

However,  the same thing happened to my Mother, on her property, and she was not happy about it, so I told the man to stop it, and  he did.

Have any of you, or the neighbours tried talking to the man in question, he may think he's actually doing the okay thing.

Better then leaving it on the pavement... Don't you think??

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Hi ..

If it is wrapped up in a plastic bag, I don't see a problem, unless the bin is on your Mum's property, .. That would be trespass.

However,  the same thing happened to my Mother, on her property, and she was not happy about it, so I told the man to stop it, and  he did.

Have any of you, or the neighbours tried talking to the man in question, he may think he's actually doing the okay thing.

Better then leaving it on the pavement... Don't you think??

ronny its a recycle bin, we would get a warning here then a fine.

Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Good evening button pushers :^O

since when has shove it in their face become a "profanity" sad sad losers

push the button again 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

is it any wonder this place has become a morgue?

Photobucket
Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

ronny its a recycle bin, we would get a warning here then a fine.

Sorry ... I missed the "Recycle" part... I assumed it was bins put out on the street, and someones dog had done it's business, and the owner had deposited in one of the ordinary waste collection bins.

I still think that a word with the person in question is the correct way to go?

If he is unreasonable, threatening, or rude, then the Police can get involved.

Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

A Thank him but point him to the proper bin

B have a word with dog warden or one of them pretend police

C  A word with the Council x

(on a lighter note) there,s a dog around here and the only difference in his poo from a human is the tiolet paper x

Spot on...;-)

Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your replies, yes it is a recycle bin, and its on mums property, he has to come down front path to reach the bin (there is no rear access so bin has to be kept out front). Same with the other neighbours too. I will email council and let them know whats going on, because if mum gets fined because someone else is putting it in her bin, thats not on.  I guess he thinks he is doing the right thing, by putting itin binand not chucking it in hedge, but weirdly down the road about 100 yards is a dog mess bin? I don't think mum nearly 70 years old confronting him is such a good idea.

Thanks

Em

Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

scissorglitch if you can get a photo of this person leaving the dog escarpment in your mums bin give a copy of the photo to the police and the council and if you could have a camera that leaves a date on t that will prove when he is doing this.

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

As a first thing to do I would write a clear sign & stick it on the bin telling them not to do it & that there is a poo bin down the road. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

my mother had a similar problem with someone using her blue bin for their excess landfill rubbish - she moved the bin and we drilled a couple of holes and threaded a bicycle wheel lock through it - all she has to do is remember to take the combo off the morning of collection!

mebbe even a biggish padlock would work in the same way?

Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

Dog Mess

Hi

Thanks for all your replies,amd thats a great idea about the padlock, thanks, will let you know what happens

em

Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent