17 REPLIES 17

Do you think this is true?.

If she's correctly identified the right shop where it was bought, it's probable that she's genuine. Mind you, having the barcode and date illegible does look a bit suss?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

I really hope it's not true - if she genuinely has the right ticket but cannot prove it and doesn't get her winnings then she is really going to suffer a load of grief

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it is true for her sake in many ways. I hope it gets sorted.

I remember ages ago a couple won and could not find their ticket anywhere. They had a big battle with Camelot. They lost.  In the end the stress of it all broke their marriage and the man ended up severely depressed. No idea what happened to his wife. It's a long time ago that I read it so forgot all the inns and outs. Maybe someone else remembers the story.

Some people can't deal with the amount of money they get and end up losing their partners and/or friends and family and some can't deal with not getting it when they had the right to it with the same results.  It must feel devastating.

I would feel sick if it would happen to me, I'm sure.

Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

Photobucketlets hope theres cctv in the shop

Petal
Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

When I do the lotto, I do it online, so no ticket to lose or launder

Photobucket
Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

@marg*e wrote:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hundreds-claim-winning-33m-ticket-015035148.html

Chancers crawling out of the woodwork left right and centre. Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

I don't think they've had hundreds claiming the latest prize. I think they meant that over time, they've had hundreds trying to claim.

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be funny if Camelot had paid someone out and then the real ticket winner just came back from holiday to claim their prize. Now that would cause some trouble in paradise. Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

Not by this.

Hundreds of people have come forward to claim they are the winner of a £33m National Lottery jackpot prize.

Lottery operator Camelot has refused to comment on the cases - which include claims of lost, damaged or stolen tickets.

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

I read it differently. It sounded like it was the reporters take that it meant this particular prize. They'd have to be pretty well on the ball to get a scam paid out?

"Given the interest in the missing £33m ticket-holder, we have received hundreds of claims of this nature."

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

This is the link I read before I saw Marge's post. Sounds fairly straightforward to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35407046

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

The actual info coming from Camelot was just the same as in the other link and I too read that before the other.

I can't see how hundreds of people could try to claim that prize when initially, no-one knew the ticket had been bought somewhere in Worcester.

Live long and prosper.

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

It was only after Worcester was revealed as the source of the winning ticket that the rest of the claimants came forward, I would think the majority of them are Worcester residents. Like I said, a bunch of chancers.

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

She didnt win..con artist.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3419584/Lottery-claim-Grandmother-trial-theft.html
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

They know who the real winner is..

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/638882/WINNER-announced-for-33m-Lottery-jackpot
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent